Slow boot issue Aspire ATC-280-EB11.

Jperrott
Jperrott Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 1 in 2019 Archives
Hi, As of mid december, I have had a real hard time getting the computer to boot, when it does actually boot up, it is horrendously slow and often crashes.
I looked into it in the event it was a software issue(initially it was, but I dealt with that). But after getting rid of some programs making it slow it, as of this morning it takes a good 15-20 mins to load. Is this a common issue with this particular model of PC or should I just wipe the thing clean and start over?
I have an Acer Aspire ATC-280-EB11.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    if your PC has windows 10, you can check the start-up impact time, press left CTRL+ Shift+ Esc
    this will open the task manager, click on Startup tab and check the start up column, you can try to disable some startup programs and see if it speeds up.
    if not, re-install windows and if it takes too long to install, than it can be an HDD issue.
    I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Jperrott
    Jperrott Member Posts: 2 New User
    IronFly said:
    if your PC has windows 10, you can check the start-up impact time, press left CTRL+ Shift+ Esc
    this will open the task manager, click on Startup tab and check the start up column, you can try to disable some startup programs and see if it speeds up.
    if not, re-install windows and if it takes too long to install, than it can be an HDD issue.
    This is one of the solutions I attempted. it was unsucessful. The computer has become so slow its unusable. I cant even attmept a reset as the menus dont load.
  • IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    You can try a reset from boot, press alt+F10 keys at boot.
    This will enter windows recovery.
    I'm not an Acer employee.