nitro 5 hinge

birch39
birch39 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited December 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hi my nitro 5 laptop my left hinge is broke after opening it make a noise as a result i have black mark on my screen.  i'm still under warrenty. is this something that can be fixed under the warrenty?

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    The hinge probably will be replaced. The screen probably not. Post a screenshot of the black mark so we can see. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• birch39
    edited January 2019
    link to image https://ibb.co/s5chDZy

• JackE
    That's pretty bad as the screen appears cracked. Sorry, but I doubt this screen damage will be covered by warranty unless ACER repair center determines otherwise. However, you should still arrange for a warranty repair ASAP for a determination of coverage. https://www.acer.com/ac/en/GB/content/support   Jack E/NJ   

Jack E/NJ

• birch39
    but the hinge would be covered by warrenty?
  • JackE
    I think you should arrange for a warranty repair for an evaluation if the hinge and screen would be covered by warranty. I cannot guarantee what the ACER warranty service would approve or not approve. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• AZITPro
    AZITPro Member Posts: 1 New User
    I bought one of these Nitro 5 laptops at Costco for my Daughter at Christmas 2017.
    I have sent this computer into Acer once already for broken hinges, they repaired it under warranty.
    I have worked in the IT industry for more than 20 years. In my opinion this laptop was poorly designed, the plastic on the display panel is not strong enough to handle the stress of the hinges, especially when the hinges tighten over time. They will break because of the design of the plastic that supports the back of the display panel, this is not the users fault fur to abuse but poor design.

• Ritikworld
    Ritikworld Member Posts: 1 New User
    I bought Acer nitro 5 AN515-52 series on 20 December 2018 now after 1year 31 December 2019 my laptop right Hing is broken and frame is popping out..its. a manufacturing defect..even at service i told this problem to service executive but he ignore this. ..please help!! I'm a student and My exams are coming ..and my laptop not working .please help me acer.
  • JackE
    Sorry, your laptop is no longer under warranty. Therefore you must try to prevent further damage by minimizing opening and closing the lid. If laptop is not working then I suggest you google "new delhi" "laptop repair" and select a highly rated repair shop for an estimate. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Drozo
    Drozo Member Posts: 3 New User
    My laptop is still under warranty and my hinge having problems. I just want to know if it covers under warranty. Please do check and tell the answer and don't give the answer that you don't know. I hope you do understand. I am just scared that I will be scamed by the service centre.
  • JackE
    Sorry, we are ACER users here on this forum just like you, not ACER employees or links to ACER customer or warranty repair service. You must use your serial number id (SNID) and make a direct request for warranty repair.to if it is covered.   Go to this link, select your region, then contact ACER support for that region. http://www.acer.com/worldwide/

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ