Acer Nitro 5 Ram Issue "lagging"

nestynest
nestynest Member Posts: 17 Troubleshooter
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I have the new acer nitro 5 with ryzen 7, rx 560x, 1tb storage, 4gb ddr4 (2666mhz) ram, since my first use and until i have updated firmware some drivers and windows, i even did reset the windows 10 os still it is running slow even after disabling fast startup and disabling all not needed background apps, until i saw that my ram was only running at 299.8 mhz, not even half of the supposed speed of the ram, can someone please help me what to do.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,840 Trailblazer
    Other than RAM frequency metrics, what problems are you experiencing with programs and games? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• nestynest
    well for instance, i open up chrome browser, it doesn't show up until th 5th or 6th second, and quite unusable for another 5 seconds, i am kind of ok with that because i do not have any ssd, but after opening 2-3 tabs youtube, yahoo, ang google.com, it starts lagging and even when i hit start menu it doesn't shows up until the 6th second, then i also tried this with mozilla firefox and edge, a little speed bump, but my pc  cannot handle more than 3-4 programs at once, for example i open up a browser, MS Word, documents, it really hangs and i can't even refresh the desktop for 20 seconds, i know that i have a limited ram but my dell inspiron that has lower ram frequency also have 4gb of ram only lower specifications handles everything with no lag even with autocad and solidworks opened up with couple of programs, well i still haven't tried some games with it, but i really think that the lagging issue is because of the ram frequency not hitting 1333mhz and stucking at 300 mhz thank you for responding jack, 
  • JackE
    >>>until i have updated firmware >>>

Why did you do this? Firmware updates should only be tried as a last resort to fix a serious problem that the firmware update is described to fix. What problem did you have with the original firmware that you thought the firmware update would fix? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• nestynest
    well because the system was already lagging at the first use, its like reaaaally laggy and until i saw the forums that they updated the firmware and the system worked faster, mine worked faster but not as fast as what it should be with its specifications. 
  • JackE
    edited January 2019
    The best way to rule in or rule out a hardware issue is to backup your system and do a full factory reset outside of Windows using the ALT+F10 cold boot method as shown in the video below. If a factory reset fails to resolve the lag, then you should arrange for ACER warranty repair ASAP. https://www.acer.com/ac/en/PH/content/support  Jack E/NJ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpzLJRAZldA

Jack E/NJ

• nestynest
    oh ok jack thank you so much i will try that