Nitro 5: bad sound quality in headphones

GilesNewtown
GilesNewtown Member Posts: 2 New User
I noticed today that my Nitro 5 has vastly different headphone sound quality compared to my other laptop and my phone. In those devices, headphones sound normal and consistent across each device. With the Nitro, bass is greatly reduced, and sharp sounds are overbearing. I tried both my regular earbuds and my gaming headset, and the results were the same: good sound from my other devices, bad sound from the Nitro. I'd really like to solve this problem as I intend for the Nitro to be a dual-purpose work/gaming laptop, but listening to music on it is basically out of the question. Any help is appreciated! 

Best Answer

• GilesNewtown
    Answer ✓
    Solved my own problem: troubleshooter led me to Speaker Properties, and Dolby Audio was switched on. Switching it off reverted the sound to its normal quality. No idea why Dolby Audio would make things worse, but if you're in a similar bind, troubleshooter is your friend. 

Answers

• GilesNewtown
    Answer ✓
    Solved my own problem: troubleshooter led me to Speaker Properties, and Dolby Audio was switched on. Switching it off reverted the sound to its normal quality. No idea why Dolby Audio would make things worse, but if you're in a similar bind, troubleshooter is your friend. 
  • skinnydude
    skinnydude Member Posts: 1 New User
    My man, i created an account just to reply to you, because you solved my frustration, i got my laptop today, and i'm setting everything up, but i was getting progressively sad as i thought i was gonna be stuck with the god awful sound quality that this laptop comes with. But then i found your post, and FUUUCK i'm happy lol. You solved it, the sound is great. Don't even know if you're gonna see this, but know you've made my day.
  • spiderrider
    spiderrider Member Posts: 2 New User

when I plug a headset into my Acer Nitro 5 the sound is backwards and I can't fix it, and no the headset is not on backwards