Hey all, I recently purchased a MSI GE63 and a Acer monitor and am having an issue that I cannot solve.
1. The problem: when on the desktop and not running games, the laptop/monitor is extremely choppy. When browsing the web, moving a folder, watching a film - it’s extremely choppy/laggy on the external monitor ONLY. I don’t have this problem when it’s just the laptop.
- When playing any games on the external monitor, I.e. Escape from Tarkov, CSGO, SCII - I have ZERO issues with a choppy/laggy screen.
- Set to use external monitor only (I am not extending the display).
- Connected by HDMI to HDMI. I initially tried to use Display Port (from monitor) to HDMI (computer) but there was no signal and could not get it to work.
2. Hardware specifics:
- The monitor: Acer ED242QR Abidpx Black 24" 144Hz AMD FreeSync VA Curved Widescreen LED backlight Monitor, HDMI, DisplayPort.
- The laptop: MSI GE63, Intel Core i7-8750H processor, NVIDIA GeForce GTX1070 8GB GDDR5, 256GB M.2 SATA and 1TB 7200RPM SATA Hard Disk Drive, Display: 15.6 in. FHD (1920 x 1080) 120Hz 3ms.
3. I’ve read many threads on here and tried to troubleshoot the issue. Changed the settings from advice on here. I.E.: I’ve turned off hardware acceleration on chrome.