Aspire S7 - SSD Disk failure - Reboots automatically right after starting Disk Repair

portos
portos Member Posts: 22

Tinkerer

edited March 1 in 2019 Archives
Hi all

My SSD shows failure under Intel Management Tool. Everytime I reboot the PC it shows the "press any button to skip disk checking". Two alternatives:
 -  If a skip this step,I can access the PC and get access to my files under SSD, but I get a notification saying that disk is damage and needs repair to avoid loosing data (I backed up everything just in case).
 - If a let the disk repair feature go, it starts with "checking disk" and when reaching 3%,the machine reboots itself. It does it twice and then it shiwd "automatic disk repair". After running 1-2%, it reboots again and I start all over

Any ideas? I tried to reboot from my Utility Disk to repair but same thing. I do not want to go for full reset if can be avoided. I used to have the very well known problem with Windows 8 when while repairing the Disk, the process went for hours with no results. I upgraded to Windows 10 more than a year ago and this is the first issue I have had since then. No updates have been recently installed.

Any feedback or ideas would be more than welcome

Best

Answers

• portos
    portos Member Posts: 22

Tinkerer

All - I just realized that I posted this under Desktop. I will re-posted in the Laptop section. Sorry for the inconvenience.