Clicking sound in Acer Swift 3 (SF315-52)

Errberrt
Errberrt Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Just bought an Acer Swift 3 and there´s a beeping/clicking sound from within the computer. The sound is there about once every 10 seconds, which gets a bit annoying after a while. It´s a sort of mechanical sounding click that seems to come after a sort of buzzing sound (10/10 description skills). I´ve tried locating the sound and it seems to be coming from the right side of the laptop. Could it perhaps be the fan? 

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8550U CPU @ 1.80GHz, 1992 Mhz, 4 cores. It has Intel optane memory and 2 Terabyte HDD.

Might anyone have any idea as to what might be causing this clicking sound (and more importantly, what can be done to get rid of it)?

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,841 Trailblazer
    >>>Just bought an Acer Swift 3 >>>>

Quickly return it to the vendor/seller for a refund or exchange. ACER repairs will take longer. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• smnbuzz93
    smnbuzz93 Member Posts: 4 New User
    Have you solved? Let we know
  • JackE
    smnbuzz93  Right click on the speaker icon in your tray. Click 'troubleshoot sound problems'. In the box that pops up. Click 'open enhancements' box. Try checkmarking the box to disable all sound effects to see if that helps. If not, click on the advanced tab and lower settings to CD quality. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• smnbuzz93
    smnbuzz93 Member Posts: 4 New User
    I respect your knowledge but as you may remember, I wrote here in the forum for the same problem with the same processor of the 8th generation, even if I have a different PC model. I tried any solution! , I searched the internet for weeks, forums, videos, audio, photos ... the only thing left is to send the pc in assistance to have it checked by the electronic engineers. I have a different model of PC but from the knowledge acquired so far I can try to say that it is a strange feature of the factory. In fact I asked errberrt if he sent the pc in assistance or in another way he solved the thing. My guarantee will expire in April and I will wait for the last month to send it because I need a pc every day to study engineering, otherwise I would have sent it months ago.
    The thing that makes me more angry is that no company talks about it in an official way, in particular intel and in our case .. acer.
    To my request for information on this buzz, they answered with a simple sentence: "send him to assistance", without advice, explanation, timing .. nothing.
    The tables for the decibel test issued by the PCs to which reference are made for each PC model are not found in a transparent manner, they only report the law "law" that they respect, there are no valid technical answers. Someone was exposed only in the forums of the dell. Although I must say that there is very little transparency on the part of the companies regarding the components and the various compatibility.
    In my opinion it is the integrated gpu of intel and the coils next to it. I add that the processor in question (8550u) is slow even when you do a simple adjustment with cursor in lightroom or photoshop, and is very slow if you use the brushes .. my 200 dollars phone took a long time ago, better in complex photo editing and video editing , similar to the famous software, even with 16-18 megapixel files / full hd.. absurd. (
    I went slightly off topic, but I think I speak on behalf of so many people .. and then this is a community so in theory we could talk in this way.
    If I have to, I will move half the answer, in my open discussion months ago ...

ps: as always, I apologize for grammatical error, due to hurry I had to use the translator.

Good evening

• JackE
    smnbuzz93>>>In my opinion it is the integrated gpu of intel and the coils next to it.>>>

You might be correct. But coil whine frequency harmonics seem more like a hardware design issues that might --- or might NOT --- be logically bypassed or at least somewhat reduced by empirically trying different frequency outputs or seeing if any advanced audio settings can make a difference. Other than attempting these possible software setting workarounds, I doubt a hardware fix of a fundamental design flaw is possible or can even be suggested on these user forums. Jack E/NJ              

Jack E/NJ