Predator Helios 300 ! Very high temperature

CakeKkong
CakeKkong Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi everyone. I have a predator helios 300 with 1050Ti and i5 8.3 , a good one but here is my problem : 

In every game i play on, my fps (80~120) drops down to 0 for 2-3 seconds. It's very disguting to play with that sorts of freeze. I check lot of things, uninstall drivers, GeForce ect ect but nothing works. Then i check predator sense every time i played and get drop and WHAT A THING, i'm running for ~85 °c everytime i play and drop when approching +92°c ...... I do have a klim plate under my computer but it go 80+°c as well... Plz help me, don't want to have to use the guarantee because it's very very long and i need my computer to play my competitions :/

Thanks,
Regards.

Answers

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 4,001 Pathfinder
    @CakeKkong
    Predator and Nitro products are engineered to withstand higher operating temperatures than traditional notebooks. These systems include features that help with cooling and heat dispersion. The CPU and GPU are designed to handle temperature spikes in excess of 98 degrees Celsius without causing damage to the components. It is common for PC temperatures to spike temporarily during heavy gaming or graphic usage. If the system encounters excessive temperatures that could damage the hardware, it will automatically shut down to protect the components from becoming damaged.

Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,734 Pathfinder
    Like @Jack22 said, these systems can withstand very high temps. My G3-572 predator was hitting 90s for CPU when playing for extended times. But then I undervolted bringing the temps down to 65-75 range (75 max) without any performance hits. You too can try that (links on how to do that are in my signature, or you could pick from any of the numerous threads on here on how to undervolt (including pinned posts).
    -----
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
  • xapim
    xapim ACE Posts: 7,253 Pathfinder
    edited January 2019
    Not all cpus but usually above 90 degrees they all start to throttling and by consequence the performance it will be greatly reduced as the cpu or gpu are trying to cooldown (it's a gaming laptop afterall) if undervolting/optimizing is not enough my advice its to repaste with a proper prodessional paste for ex kryonaut or any other with the same specs also keeping the vents/fans and airflow exit cleaned free of debris is a must could u also share the exact model you have and exact specs as h300 has many models inside the same with various specs

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/11532543

UserBenchmarks: Game 43%, Desk 61%, Work 40%
    CPU: Intel Core i5-7300HQ - 63.5%
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050-Ti (Mobile) - 41.9%
    SSD: WDC WDS200T2B0B-00YS70 2TB - 71.4%
    HDD: WD WD10SPZX-00HKTT0 1TB - 93.7%
    RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2666 C15 2x16GB - 76.8%
    MBD: Acer Predator G3-572

I'm not an Acer employee. (just here to help in the best way i can)
    If my answer fixed you issue please accept it for any other users who search for it would find it quickly thanks :)
    If you want to learn more about undervolting/optimizing windows join the Predator fb group and youtube channel:

Owner/Admin (HOTEL HERO/Red-Sand/Opoka Opoka)
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/PredatorHelios300
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNJwGUHxSJ8FKqAhnOqQuAw
    Acer support:
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/  

• CakeKkong
    Jack22 said:
    @CakeKkong
    Predator and Nitro products are engineered to withstand higher operating temperatures than traditional notebooks. These systems include features that help with cooling and heat dispersion. The CPU and GPU are designed to handle temperature spikes in excess of 98 degrees Celsius without causing damage to the components. It is common for PC temperatures to spike temporarily during heavy gaming or graphic usage. If the system encounters excessive temperatures that could damage the hardware, it will automatically shut down to protect the components from becoming damaged.

Hi @Jack22 , i'm ok with that but i would try to figure it out to stop shut down. Before it didn't do this and now my fps drops during games. 

Hi @sri369 , thx for answer. I will try those things.

Hi @xapim, i don't really understand what do you want from me ?
  • OrganizedChaos
    OrganizedChaos Member Posts: 24 Networker
    CakeKkong said:

CakeKkong, what xapim is referring to is replacing the factory thermal paste with a better one. Thermal paste bridges the gap between the CPU/GPU and the heat pipes. It helps transfer the heat to the heat sink efficiently. Factory thermal paste isn't always the greatest, so many users clean off the old paste and replace it with a much better brand to greatly reduce temperatures. It involves opening up your laptop casing, removing the fan(s) & heat pipes, cleaning the old paste and re-pasting with new. There are many instructional videos in these threads and on YouTube showing you how to do this, but you should be comfortable working inside a laptop to do this. And if yours is still under warranty, do this at your own risk because, if I'm not mistaken, it voids the warranty (or at least it could).
    Hope that helps explain things. I'm pretty computer savvy, but not really a gamer (my son is, hence why I'm here) so I'm still learning about what goes along with running a gaming computer efficiently.
  • CakeKkong
    CakeKkong said:

CakeKkong, what xapim is referring to is replacing the factory thermal paste with a better one. Thermal paste bridges the gap between the CPU/GPU and the heat pipes. It helps transfer the heat to the heat sink efficiently. Factory thermal paste isn't always the greatest, so many users clean off the old paste and replace it with a much better brand to greatly reduce temperatures. It involves opening up your laptop casing, removing the fan(s) & heat pipes, cleaning the old paste and re-pasting with new. There are many instructional videos in these threads and on YouTube showing you how to do this, but you should be comfortable working inside a laptop to do this. And if yours is still under warranty, do this at your own risk because, if I'm not mistaken, it voids the warranty (or at least it could).
    Hope that helps explain things. I'm pretty computer savvy, but not really a gamer (my son is, hence why I'm here) so I'm still learning about what goes along with running a gaming computer efficiently.
    I'll do next week so. I also grant a +8Gb RAM. Will it help ?