Weird clicking sound in Acer Swift 3 (Swift SF315-52)

Errberrt
Errberrt Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Just bought an Acer Swift 3 and there´s a beeping/clicking sound from within the computer. Might it perhaps be the HDD? The sound is there about once every 10 seconds, which gets a bit annoying after a while. It´s a sort of mechanical sounding click that seems to come after a sort of buzzing sound (10/10 description skills). 

Another thing i´m wondering is about Power management - I can´t seem to find any option to reduce Power (in order to reduce the surprisingly Active fan). There´s no option in the advanced Power settings to alter performance. 

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8550U CPU @ 1.80GHz, 1992 Mhz, 4 cores. It has Intel optane memory and 2 Terabyte HDD.

Might anyone have any idea as what might be causing this clicking sound (and more importantly, what can be done to get rid of it)?

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    fan speed performance is done by BIOS and can't be set under windows and no BIOS option is available.

about the ticking sound, place your hear on the left side of the mousepad, can you hear it loudly than other parts of the laptop?
    if so, it's the HDD, please call Acer support and get it serviced.
    I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Errberrt
    Errberrt Member Posts: 3 New User
    Thanks for the fast response! 
    It doesn´t seem to be coming from the left of the mousepad, more so to the right of the laptop. Could it perhaps be the fan that´s acting up?
  • IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    the fan is in the back side, under the top of the keyboard.

yeah the HDD is in the right side of the trackpad, sorry i looked at a flipped photo; so it can be the HDD, call Acer support servce.
    I'm not an Acer employee.