ACER ICONIA 810 totally dead ?

vitality
vitality Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited March 18 in 2019 Archives
Hi everyone I'm new to this community

I want to know if my tablet is totally dead. Acer_AV0K0_A1-810_1.029.00_WW_GEN1
I get access to the recovery mode but I can only move up and down with volume buttons, the power ON button does not react to anything
I must bootup the tablet with the help of USB charger cable ( USB PC cable doesn't work) and pressing one of the volume buttons but it's stuck on the logo and restarts indefinitely
I have downloaded multiple firmwares from the internet and flashed them with SP Flash Tool, only 3 do the job because they all come with the necessary images files
I have tried other firmwares from Acer site with no luck because the scatter file seems not to be appropriate or it was designed for other flashing type tools. (Miracle Box ?????)
what do you people recommend me ?  :'(

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    edited January 2019
    if SP flash tool didn't fix it, probably there is an hardware issue, probably related to ROM, so i don't think you will be able to "repair it", only flashing the OS.
    I'm not an Acer employee.
  • vitality

Tinkerer

I want to know if I'm doing the right process.

the first step is to write memory with secuoff file from A1-810 Unlock and CWM folder

begin address 0x3D80000

container length 0x00025120

on the download tab I then select the scatter file from the firmware folder not the one that is inside A1-810 Unlock and CWM rescue folder

the process takes about 2 minutes and it ends up OK.

I press the reset button the Acer logo shows up but the tablet is restarted again and again.

I cannot even shut it down holding down the power button as I do with other tablets.

do I have to unplug the battery as I have seen on a video tutorial ?

I don't think the power button is broken because with one of the firmwares it seems to take effect when I try to start the tablet up.

that is my big question, why does the power button not work in CWM mode ??

• vitality

Tinkerer

edited: the firmware folder does not include the SEC-RO image file however this file is well inside the rescue folder

I have selected that file from the rescue folder but the problem persists.

for unknown reason I could not make the Miracle Box to work so I cannot test with other firmwares
  • IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Please edit your post, since it's not allowed to talk about these procedures on this board.

By the way, you did it correctly.
    I'm not an Acer employee.
  • vitality

Tinkerer

to the RECYBLE BIN :s

no more ACER for me !