Can I install Windows 7 on Acer Aspire 3:A315-41-R6B8 ?

LaurianHurduza
LaurianHurduza Member Posts: 2 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
Good afternoon! 

The question in the title may be very stupid, but I am willing to do a fresh instalation of Windows 7 on my Acer Aspire 3 who comes initialy with Linux , of course with Linux I can't do more for university and that's why I "upgraded" initialy to Windows 10. But the operating system has so many issues and I don't like it anymore. I want to go back to Windows 7 and I had a very big problem here. Windows 7 was never installed on this laptop.

Let me explain all the procces: 
1. I made a bootable USB stick with Rufus, I select the GPT parition scheme for UEFI bios , stick is FAT32, all of this seems ok. It works for me.
2. I put the USB stick in my laptop and in UEFI it's there, I set the BIOS to boot from USB stick, disabled the secure boot and restart.
3. When it's booting from USB it's restarting for ever... 

I verified the USB stick in other computer and it works fine.
I know that is a difficulty to install windows 7 those days on newer laptops , but it's there a solution to combat the problem? Or am I doing something wrong? If so.. explain me some methods to test them in order to make Windows 7 alive on my Acer :D 

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    i suggest you to re-install windows 10, since the windows 7 drivers support is nearly none.
    I'm not an Acer employee.
  • LaurianHurduza
    LaurianHurduza Member Posts: 2 New User
    Hi IronFly, 

Thank you for the response 

I somehow make the laptop boot from usb , but when it finishes copying that files and restart , it hangs on Starting Windows animation forever... 

I know that drivers are nearly none..but I don't like Windows 10. I absolutely want a method to install Windows 7 on my laptop. I see that if you have Legacy Boot it is possible but I don't have that option in UEFI, how to add it? 
  • IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Legacy is not available on your laptop.
    probably the windows 7 installation is stuck by the missing chipset support, you can try a sort of slipstream installation
    https://www.anandtech.com/show/11182/how-to-get-ryzen-working-on-windows-7-x64
    I'm not an Acer employee.