A515-51G Laptop display problem after changing back lid

fish_and_chips
fish_and_chips Member Posts: 1 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
My laptop was working fine until a hinge around the right bottom corner on my display was broken and I brought it to the service centre to have it fixed. They swapped my back lid as well as some components.

After the repair, my laptop turns black randomly (sometimes around 30 mins of use, sometimes more/less) but it is still running, which means it isn't in sleep mode. To make the display functioning again, I need to make it sleep (FN+F4), then close the lid, and reopen the lid. It has been really troubling since it will happen every now and then, is there anything I can do to get this fixed?

I have tried several solutions like updating my graphic drivers, display drivers, restoring defaults in BIOS but nothing seems to work. I will appreciate if someone can help me, thanks.

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,837 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Either the video ribbon cable connectors should be re-seated a few times to clean its contacts --- or --- should be replaced due to conductor trace breaks in the hinge area from wear and tear of opening and closing the lid too much. You can test this by HDMIing out to a TV the next time the screen goes black but the TV should have a screen. Google part # 50.GP4N2.008 for vendors/reseller. Price less than $20. Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,837 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Either the video ribbon cable connectors should be re-seated a few times to clean its contacts --- or --- should be replaced due to conductor trace breaks in the hinge area from wear and tear of opening and closing the lid too much. You can test this by HDMIing out to a TV the next time the screen goes black but the TV should have a screen. Google part # 50.GP4N2.008 for vendors/reseller. Price less than $20. Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ