Replace ALPS to Synaptics touchpad

Freischen
Freischen Member Posts: 3 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives

Hello and Happy New Year, I have an older, but still good Aspire V5-753. I am very happy with the NB, but the bad touchpad (ALSP) was always annoying.

I have now bought a used Synaptics pad and installed it. It was working (rudimentary) with the old ALPS drives, but after uninstalling ALPS and installing the synaptic drives the pad disappeared from the device manager. I can not install the driver manually. It tells “Done” but nothing changed. 

What do I have to consider  or wath is the proedure  to change the pad ? Is it possible to do this anyhow ?

Many Thanks for some tips and support

Best Regards Frank

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,837 Trailblazer
    It would help to know what Synaptic model you got or at least the machine model it came out of. Jack E.NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Freischen
    Thanks for your help. Attached a pic of the pad.
    So I suppose it is possible to change the pad generally? 
    Thanks and regards 
  • Freischen
    Hello, it worked...the Windows style...I put in the recovery stick and used "repair". Then the ALPS Pad was again visible. Afterwards I installed synaptics 2 (?) times and, surprise, it worked. :-) 
    Do I have to delete the ALPS driver link in the ACER configuration to avoid a override / forced Change backe to ALPS ? In the ACER recovery Management there is still a link to ALPS touchpad ?
    many Thanks and Regards 
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,837 Trailblazer
    Congratulations! If it worked, probably best to leave it alone. The software drivers are likely very similar except for how they seem to be named in the Windows environment. Don't try to fix what doesn't seem to be broken!  =) Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ