Dolby audio on my A715-71G-52WP keeps turning off

Doku_the_Wolf
Doku_the_Wolf Member Posts: 2 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
Dolby audio keeps turning off everytime I open a game (like league of legend) or adobe premiere and the sound becomes horrible.
I can turn it on again but it's inconvenience.
I'm using windows 10 pro 1809 and I updated all of the drivers.
Please help me if you have any solution for this. Thank you.

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    This is a known bug(not sure if it is a bug) for a long time. Every time the device connects to VoIP dolby audio turns off. Your only option is to uninstall it and on its place install EquilizerAPO, which performs similar to Dolby.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• Doku_the_Wolf
    Doku_the_Wolf Member Posts: 2 New User
    ven98 said:
    This is a known bug(not sure if it is a bug) for a long time. Every time the device connects to VoIP dolby audio turns off. Your only option is to uninstall it and on its place install EquilizerAPO, which performs similar to Dolby.
    I disabled my microphone and its gone! I dont use it much so I think I will keep that setting. Thank you for your answer!
  • 33neXus33
    33neXus33 Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited January 2019
    Still no solution??? Where is Acer support? Is only disable microphone emergency solution?

I have on last Windows build 1809 big problem! My dolby never again working! Reinstall not help.
    Dolby application is shaped to be turned on, but no effect to hearing. (V3-572G)