ACER Aspire E-15 ES1-512-C4GL Upgrade Inquiries (RAM / HHD > SSD)

Options
drewthenewbie
drewthenewbie Member Posts: 1 New User
edited April 23 in 2018 Archives
Greetings Acer Community!

My name is Drew and I'm a newbie to the upgrading process.
I've done a little research, watched a few YouTube videos, and I've even narrowed down which products I'd like to order- but I still don't feel confident that I can see this process through without a little peer validation.

My only two wishes is to upgrade the Memory (RAM), and to change the Hard Drive (HHD) to a Solid State Drive (SSD).
My current processor is: Processor Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU  N2840  @ 2.16GHz, 2159 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
My current hard-drive has a capacity of 280 Gigabytes.
I understand that the CPU is soldered to the motherboard.

To upgrade my RAM, I've located this product:
- A-Tech 8GB DDR3L 1600MHz SoDimm Module PC3L-12800 Non ECC Unbuffered 1.35V / 1.5V CL11 2Rx8 Dual Rank Laptop Notebook 204-Pin Memory RAM
(https://www.amazon.com/Tech-1600MHz-PC3L-12800-Unbuffered-Notebook/dp/B00C5389HQ)

To Upgrade to SSD, I've located these two products:
- Kingston A400 SSD 240GB SATA 3 2.5” Solid State Drive SA400S37/240G - Increase Performance
(https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N5IB20Q)
- ADATA SU800 128GB 3D-NAND 2.5 Inch SATA III High Speed up to 560MB/s Read Solid State Drive (ASU800SS-128GT-C)
(https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01K8A29BE)

My main concern is if these products compatible with my device (ACER Aspire E 15 ES1-512-C4GL).

If you've read this all, thank you for your time; if you're able to answer my inquiry, thank you for your patience and your help.

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,767 Trailblazer
    edited January 2019
    Options
    You can also replace the hd for a ssd 2,5" sata 3! but I would opt for the 240GB ssd! You can also buy a 9mm caddy so that you can put the HD in place of the DVD, but I do not I'm sure if your notebook will recognize the caddy!
    On ram, your model supports this type, see:

However it is recommended to confirm this information with aida64:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)