Black Screen after Login in -Please HELP!

Options
HC201890
HC201890 Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited August 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hi,
I've just login in to my Acer Aspire 3 A315-51 (Model A315-51-58QE) tonight and after login in into my account, the screen goes black and doesn't do anything. This has only happened tonight and hasn't happened before. The only thing on the screen is the cursor, which I can move but the screen is completely black. I can do Alt-Ctrl-Del and have a screen on to allow shut down and task manger. Please can someone help, I haven't had it long, less than a year.  
Anything would be helpful, Thanks.

Best Answers

• Rudy21
    Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,789 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Options
    HC201890 said:
    I've tried it, but the advance setting didn't come up, is their another way?
    I've just about to shutdown again and it wants to update, should I let it?

Yes continue with the windows updates.. Its really good and safe by keeping your device up to date.
    Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer
  • Rudy21
    Answer ✓
    Options
    HC201890 said:
    Thank You very much! :)
    you are welcome.. enjoy working on your device.. cheers.. 

Answers

• Rudy21
    Options
    HC201890 said:
    Hi,
    I've just login in to my Acer Aspire 3 A315-51 (Model A315-51-58QE) tonight and after login in into my account, the screen goes black and doesn't do anything. This has only happened tonight and hasn't happened before. The only thing on the screen is the cursor, which I can move but the screen is completely black. I can do Alt-Ctrl-Del and have a screen on to allow shut down and task manger. Please can someone help, I haven't had it long, less than a year.  
    Anything would be helpful, Thanks.
    I believe it is operating system issue or the windows updates did not go through properly. Try to restore the device to an earlier date to fix the issue.

> Power off the device
    > While powering on, Hold Alt and keep tapping F10 to access advance options
    > Once you are in advance options click on system restore and select a date when the computer was working and perform restore

• HC201890

Tinkerer

edited December 2018
    Options

• Rudy21
    Answer ✓
    Options
    HC201890 said:

Yes continue with the windows updates.. Its really good and safe by keeping your device up to date.
  • HC201890

Tinkerer

Options
    Rudy21 said:
    HC201890 said:

I've decided to update and shut down my laptop, I'll see what happens :)
  • Rudy21
    Options
    HC201890 said:
    Rudy21 said:
    HC201890 said:

I've decided to update and shut down my laptop, I'll see what happens :)
    Thats great choice.. Please update the device and share the status.
  • HC201890

Tinkerer

Options
    I have updated and shut down my laptop. I restarted it and it didn't finished the update, but it then finished the update and now lets me log in and I'm on my home screen :) 
    It's all sorted now. 
  • Rudy21
    Options
    HC201890 said:
    I have updated and shut down my laptop. I restarted it and it didn't finished the update, but it then finished the update and now lets me log in and I'm on my home screen :) 
    It's all sorted now. 
    Thats great to hear.. Most of the times device goes black if the windows updates does not run properly. Since, we updated the BIOS it sorted the issue.
  • HC201890

Tinkerer

Options
  • Rudy21
    Answer ✓
    Options
    HC201890 said:
    you are welcome.. enjoy working on your device.. cheers..