ACER NITRO 5 (AN515-52) WONT BOOT IN AHCI MODE

Rockrziq
Rockrziq Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Greetings , 
Here is the problem , I just bought my ACER NITRO 5 (AN515-52). Since it is equipped with only HDD, I bought a SSD (WD GREEN M.2 SATA 2280 128GB). I inserted the SSD and cloned the OS from HDD to SSD with software called Chramium. Everything works fine.
After a few days, I decided to add more ram which is Apacer 4GB DDR4 2133Mhz, I inserted the ram and booted into windows. First thing after I booted into windows is I opened the task manager and check whether the ram works. Yeap it works , it shows 7.8 GB of total ram. Annnnnd suddenly my mouse doesnt work , but my touchpad works just fine. Pufff ! , my screen shows a BSOD screen. The laptop restarts automatically but it got stucked at phase where "windows cannot be boot", the only option is to restart or shutdown . After a several attempt i gave up on my SSD, removed the additonal RAM (Apacer 4GB DDR4 2133Mhz) and tried to boot use a USB windows disc image, I intended to reinstall the windows in my SSD but guess what the BIOS does not detect the SSD. I went into BIOS and search for any options available for me and I found SATA mode option in default mode is "RST with optane" , I changed it into AHCI and restart the laptop. Suprisingly the BIOS detect the WD SSD in AHCI mode but WONT boot into the windows for both (HDD and SSD). I changed it back to RST with optane and the laptop booted just fine into windows (HDD). I feel frustrated while my SSD is useless right now. Even right now the device manager doest detect the SSD. 

What I have tried : 
Updated the BIOS version to the latest (1.21)
Reset CMOS battery
Reseat RAM and SSD several times
Reinstall Windows in HDD

So I want to know is it my SSD are broken or is there something wrong with my laptop ? . Glad to hear any feedback.
Thank you 

Answers

• Hi! From what I understand, this problem occurred after you added another ram! Reinstall ssd without the new ram installed in the notebook and test it! Note that your notebook supports this type of memory:

However it is recommended that you check the ram settings that came with your computer, so we know the settings for it:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Rockrziq
    I googled for a solution and some says that SSD is compatible with AHCI mode, thats why I want to boot in AHCI mode. Also that SSD is not being detected in RST with optane mode.
  • Rockrziq
    Hi! From what I understand, this problem occurred after you added another ram! Reinstall ssd without the new ram installed in the notebook and test it! Note that your notebook supports this type of memory:

However it is recommended that you check the ram settings that came with your computer, so we know the settings for it:

Thats what exactly I want to do but unfortunately the SSD is not being detected right now (RST with optane). However the SSD is being detected on AHCI mode. Sadly, by changing into AHCI mode, the windows wont boot and corrupt on my HDD (i have to use system restore and change it back to RST with optane mode to get back from where I started). I also tried to install the windows by booting into USB windows using AHCI mode and the installation process is so slow, even after I clicked next button I have to wait for 10 minutes to go another step, when I reached the part where I have to choose which hard drive to install windows it says that windows cant be installed on my SSD. Is it my SSD broken or something wrong with my laptop?. Thats why I want to boot into AHCI mode in my HDD and see hard disk partitions itself wether my SSD shows up or not.
  • Have you tried converting ssd to gpt within the windows 10 installation? If it did not, press shift + f10 and type diskpart, disk list, sel disk x, clean (delete all), convert gpt! then exit the command prompt and check if it is possible to install windows on ssd!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)