Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Keyboard and mouse not responding while installing Ubuntu 18.04 from USB, any idea how to fix that?

speedsterspeedster Posts: 3Member New User
edited February 13 in Nitro and Aspire Gaming
I've acer nitro5 corei5 8gen with windows 10 installed. I want to dual boot my laptop with Ubuntu 18.04.
While installing Ubuntu 18.04 from USB or while trying Ubuntu without installing via live USB, the keyboard and mouse dont respond (I've set trackpad to "Basic"). An external mouse works but only to move the pointer , clicks and scroll do not work. I've tried setting acpi_osi="Linux" and acpi_osi="Windows" while trying 'Try ubuntu without installing', the mouse and keyboard works for a second and then its same as explained above.
If anyone knows the solution for the issue do tell.

Thanks

Best Answer

• JackEJackE Posts: 14,929 Trailblazer
    Accepted Answer
    What ubuntu GUI flavor are you trying? Doesn't sound like it's doing too good detecting your hardware. How about trying something like Mint
    Cinnamon? Any reason why you can't use 16.04? Jack E/NJ

FAQ & Answers

• JackEJackE Posts: 14,929ACE Trailblazer
    Accepted Answer
    What ubuntu GUI flavor are you trying? Doesn't sound like it's doing too good detecting your hardware. How about trying something like Mint
    Cinnamon? Any reason why you can't use 16.04? Jack E/NJ
  • speedsterspeedster Posts: 3Member New User
    Thanks jackE, Linux ming is working fine and I was trying to install Ubuntu desktop lts
  • karan316karan316 Posts: 12Member

Tinkerer

I can't install any of the linux distros. I tried Ubuntu 18.04, Mint and Fedora all of them have some or the other problem. As said above, I am facing the same issue of the keyboard and mouse not working during installation. whereas fedora and mint are getting installed but get stuck after logging in. whats the problem with the predator series??
    >>>fedora and mint are getting installed but get stuck after logging in. whats the problem with the predator series?? >>>

Which specific predator model PHxxx-xx? How is it getting stuck --- black screen, frozen, etc? Which Mint flavor? If the BIOS main tab has a touch set to advanced mode, try changing it to basic. Jack E/NJ 
  • ch3374hch3374h Posts: 2Member New User
    JackE I have tried using the basic settings of touch in BIOS. Ubuntu got installed but showed black screen during after logging in
    ch3374h Please show the link that you got the iso from. Jack E/NJ
  • ch3374hch3374h Posts: 2Member New User
    @JackE I fixed my problem by installing synaptic driver on my predator... I searched on my own and got the solution
  • speedsterspeedster Posts: 3Member New User
    From where did you installed synaptic drivers for nitro 5 @ch3374h