How to fix a wet laptop charger?

Pabz01
Pabz01 Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Our house got flooded last night due to a typhoon and my laptop's charger was left submerged in the flood water for a long number of hours.

Laptop model is Nitro AN515-42
Charger's model is PA-1131-16
Input: 100-240V ~ 2.5A 50-60Hz
Output: 19V - 7.1A

Best Answer

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,745 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    @Pabz01
    Allow the charger to get dry, atleast 3 to 4 days in sun. Check the part which connects to the chargers is it dry or wet. If it is wet you can use a hair dryer to dry it up. But still if you have any problem with the charger you can contact Acer Support. Since the charger got wet there are possibility that it would have got damaged as well. So my suggestion would be contacting Acer support and i guess they will help you.

Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

Answers

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,745 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    @Pabz01
    Allow the charger to get dry, atleast 3 to 4 days in sun. Check the part which connects to the chargers is it dry or wet. If it is wet you can use a hair dryer to dry it up. But still if you have any problem with the charger you can contact Acer Support. Since the charger got wet there are possibility that it would have got damaged as well. So my suggestion would be contacting Acer support and i guess they will help you.

• vkk
    vkk Member Posts: 82 Fixer WiFi Icon
    Put in a rice bag for 3-4 days  to dry .  Putting in the sun might cause the  plastic to crack