Aspire F-15 Sound issues (Feedback noise)

Options
FinlandAdventures
FinlandAdventures Member Posts: 1 New User
edited August 2023 in 2018 Archives
Recently, my Aspire F-15 (F5-572G-709N) has been suffering from some sound issues. First it was that it sounded like the microphone was picking sound and feeding it back through the laptop speakers. Even if I switched my microphone over to an external one, the internal one still had a sort of reverb sound.

Today, I had to completely disconnect from a call with my daughter, as the system kept giving that high-pitched screeching noise, even after restarting it. I tried to use Teamspeak after that, and it continued to give out feedback, and nothing seemed to stop it, not even switching to external headphones and/or microphone. I ended up disconnecting it and plugging in a secondary laptop to continue the conversation. 

Any ideas what might be causing it and how to fix it? It's *just* gone out of warranty with the place I bought it from (of course).

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,630 Trailblazer
    Options
    Right click speaker icon in tray. Click recording devices. In the box that pops up right click on microphone. Click properties. Click levels tab. reduce microphone slider levels. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ