Screen not working after headphones accidently plugged in hdmi port. Model: E5-511

Options
TMII
TMII Member Posts: 1 New User
edited August 2023 in 2018 Archives
I accidentally put the headphone bit into the hdmi port because I wasn’t looking. Then everything froze and then the laptop shut down. I tried to turn it on then the light turns on then it shut off. It kept doing this continuously until it stayed on. It stayed on but the screen wasn’t working still so I turnt it off (long hold). I then tried to find things online like fn+esc+power or control+esc+power and the screen still hadn’t turnt on. Also I had taken out the battery and the screen still hadn’t worked. After one of the fn tries the same on/off thing started happening so then i removed the battery again and tried it just on the ac adapter. The same on/off thing happened again. I am now stuck what can I do?

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,630 Trailblazer
    Options
    Remove battery and charger. Press and hold the power button for about a minute. Replace battery and charger. Then turn the machine back on.

If no screen, try to turn it on by pressing the FN+F6 toggle key combination.

If still no screen, press and hold the power button again till the machine shuts off. Then HDMI out to a TV set with an HDMI cable. Turn the TV on. Then turn the laptop back on. If no TV screen, try to turn it on with the FN+F5 toggle key combination.

If no TV screen, turn the system off again. Then try to VGA out to either a TV screen or computer monitor with a VGA cable. Again  try to turn it on with with the FN+F5 toggle key combo.

If still no screen, then it's likely that the mainboard's integrated graphics adapter has been damaged.

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ