USB Type C not working on Aspire 4 A515-51G-515J

Options
joalcava
joalcava Member Posts: 4 New User
edited August 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hi, I bought my laptop in june, since then i haven't connected anything via usb c, last week I bought a mechanical keyboard and I tried to connect it to the usb c but nothing happend, the keyboard is ok because it works with the standard usb port. I dont think the problems is related to the drivers because I have updated all of them and the problem persists in windows, linux and in bios. Can someone help me whit this? I'm not in America right now (I'm in Latin America) so I can't take the laptop to technical support.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,630 Trailblazer
    Options
    Most keyboards only have a standard typeA USB plug that will not work in a typeC USB port. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• joalcava
    Options
    @JackE That's not the case, this keyboard is compatible with usb type C, the cable came in the box, and I recently tried connecting a cellphone, it also didnt work.
  • JackE
    Options
    OK.

(1)  Does the KB documentation specify type C 3.1 gen1 or type C 3.1 gen2?
    (2)  If not, does Device Manager show any red or yellow driver warnings?
    (3) If no warnings, does the laptop emit a beep or recognition notice when the KB is plugged into and unplugged from the standard USB ports? Any beep or recognition notice from the type C port?
    (4) Press the Winkey + Rkey. Enter 'msinfo32'. Click on 'components' folder. Click USB folder. What do you see in right screen? Post screenshot if possbile

Jack E/NJ    

Jack E/NJ

• joalcava
    Options
    @JackE
    (1) Keyboard doesn't specify the version, just say: "Interface: Type C" it's a "Durgod Taurus K320"
    (2) Device Manager does not show any warnings
    (3) No beep or visual signal when the keyboard is plugged into the type c port, also no 'caps block' light when laptop is booting (caps block does lights up when is connected to standard usb)
    (4) It says: "Host Controller eXtensible Intel(R) USB 3.0 - 1.0 (Microsoft)" (screenshot attached).
  • JackE
    Options
    >>>I recently tried connecting a cellphone>>>

What cable were you using for the cellphone? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• joalcava
    Options
    @JackE Same cable for the keyboard, I will try with the cable of a friend and come back to let you know if it is the cable.
  • JackE
    Options
    Yes, please let us know.  Reviews generally excellent for KB itself, so-so for cables included.  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ