Why my Acer Aspire ES 15 model ES1-572-33ZU stop working?

Options
CrypticMessenger
CrypticMessenger Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited August 2023 in 2018 Archives
Greetings to everybody. My acer aspire ES 15 model ES1-572-33ZU suddenly stop working and I Can' figure out why. When u put it on it is written No Bootable Device. What does it mean? Please I need ur help. Thank u very much.

Best Answer

• Rudy21
    Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,789 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Greetings to everybody. My acer aspire ES 15 model ES1-572-33ZU suddenly stop working and I Can' figure out why. When u put it on it is written No Bootable Device. What does it mean? Please I need ur help. Thank u very much.
    No Bootable Device means the device is not detecting the HDD or operating system. To check if the issue is with HDD or operating system try the below steps.

Step 1:
    > Power off the device
    > While powering on press F2 repeatedly to access BIOS
    > Now under information look for HDD 
    > If you see any serial number or any text next to HDD that means HDD is detected and nothing to be worried as the issue could be with operating system.

Step 2 : If the HDD gets detected try the steps given in the link below. 

https://us.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/38202/related/1

Step 3 :
    If the HDD does not get detected then try BIOS default once by Pressing F9 and Hit enter to set BIOS to defaults ( doing BIOS defaults would not affect your device ). Post this check if the HDD is detected or not. If still not detected then contact acer support for warranty help.

Step 4:
    If the step 2 does not work then try the below.

> Go to BIOS and highlight BOOT
    > check the BOOT mode
    > make sure BOOT mode is set to UEFI and not LEGACY
    > If the BOOT mode is set to LEGACY change it to UEFI to get the issue resolved

Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer

Answers

• Rudy21
    Answer ✓
    Options
    No Bootable Device means the device is not detecting the HDD or operating system. To check if the issue is with HDD or operating system try the below steps.

Step 1:
    > Power off the device
    > While powering on press F2 repeatedly to access BIOS
    > Now under information look for HDD 
    > If you see any serial number or any text next to HDD that means HDD is detected and nothing to be worried as the issue could be with operating system.

Step 2 : If the HDD gets detected try the steps given in the link below. 

https://us.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/38202/related/1

Step 3 :
    If the HDD does not get detected then try BIOS default once by Pressing F9 and Hit enter to set BIOS to defaults ( doing BIOS defaults would not affect your device ). Post this check if the HDD is detected or not. If still not detected then contact acer support for warranty help.

Step 4:
    If the step 2 does not work then try the below.

> Go to BIOS and highlight BOOT
    > check the BOOT mode
    > make sure BOOT mode is set to UEFI and not LEGACY
    > If the BOOT mode is set to LEGACY change it to UEFI to get the issue resolved

• CrypticMessenger

Tinkerer

Options
    Thank u very much for the nice response Rudy 21. I saw HDDO model name and serial number but there is also HDD1 model and serial number wrtten none. I am confused. Is my HDD detected or not? And by the way my acer aspire ES 15 has endless OS installed when I bought the device. Please I need ur help. Thank u
  • Rudy21
    Options
    Thank u very much for the nice response Rudy 21. I saw HDDO model name and serial number but there is also HDD1 model and serial number wrtten none. I am confused. Is my HDD detected or not? And by the way my acer aspire ES 15 has endless OS installed when I bought the device. Please I need ur help. Thank u
    As per what you described it means 1 HDD is getting detected and the other is not. But when i checked the unit specs it shows that the device comes with 1 HDD. Could you please confirm me on it. 

Also, share the screenshot.
  • CrypticMessenger

Tinkerer

Options
    This is the HDDO Model and serial number and as u can see thete is another HDD1 model and serial number - none
  • Rudy21
    Options
    This is the HDDO Model and serial number and as u can see thete is another HDD1 model and serial number - none
    HDD is detected thats a good thing. So, have you tried the steps given in this link https://us.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/38202/related/1
  • CrypticMessenger

Tinkerer

Options
    Yes I tried but it is for windows, the installed OS on my acer laptop is Endless. So what I will do Mr. Rudy 21? I really need  ur help. I am in dire need to use my laptop. 
  • Rudy21
    Options
    Yes I tried but it is for windows, the installed OS on my acer laptop is Endless. So what I will do Mr. Rudy 21? I really need  ur help. I am in dire need to use my laptop. 
    Oops my bad.. these steps does not work for endless OS. It looks like the OS is corrupted and due to that the issue persist.

If you would like to install windows OS in this device try to create one using the link here https://us.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/41749

If you would like to install Endless OS then create a bootable ISO file and install in the device. 
  • CrypticMessenger

Tinkerer

Options
    Thank u very much for the reply Mr. Rudy 21. I opened the link and it says in working pc install windows 10 but the problem is my computer is not working. When u open it, there's a message saying No bootable device so how i will install the windows? 
This discussion has been closed.