Acer tab 10 A3-A50 oreo upgrade?

Rob0904
Rob0904 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited March 18 in 2019 Archives
Hi, just bought an A3-A50 tablet which is quite high end compared to other tablets. Other lower specd and priced tablets already have it.

Can you tell when or a way for me to get andriod oreo on to it? 

Thanks

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    I don't think Acer has an Oreo upgrade planned.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • JamesRaynor
    JamesRaynor Member Posts: 2 New User
    billsey said:
    I don't think Acer has an Oreo upgrade planned.

Well...they should, because as far as I'm concerned, Nougat sounds stupid, and Oreo is one of my favorite cookies, also I consider Nougat as synonymous with caramel, which is overrated! And if we can't get an Android Oreo OS update/upgrade, then I'll have my Tech-guys to install Android Marshmallow instead to spite Acer should they NOT provide us with Android Oreo!
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    Oh, there's no way Nougat is synonymous with Caramel! Nougat is much more like marshmallow, with very little flavor except the sugar and perhaps some vanilla. Caramel has those rich roasted sugar molecules that taste so good, not to mention the cream...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Rob0904
    Rob0904 Member Posts: 4 New User
    It's poor that lower specd tablets are getting oreo this one isn't.....
  • mickmost
    mickmost Member Posts: 2 New User
    I would seriously like to know WHY Acer is not automatically sending out an upgrade for their FLAGSIP tablet to the latest Android O.S.
  • mickmost
    mickmost Member Posts: 2 New User
    You would think that being so loyal to Acer over the years and having a house full of Acer equipment (tablets, laptops and desktops) that it would count for a bit more support and return loyalty from the manufacturer.  Poor showing Acer, could quite easily influence my decision when it comes to replacement time, or even recommendations to friends.  MORE SUPPORT PLEASE.
  • Isitwoot
    Isitwoot Member Posts: 1 New User
    Any Oreo upgrade News?  <3