Acer swift 1 charging port stopped work after 13 months

ChelseaDavies1996
ChelseaDavies1996 Member Posts: 11 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
My acer swift 1 is just over a year old and the charging port has come very lose unable to charge it just falls out! I have not damaged the laptop in any way please explain why this would happen? Please let me know if you can replace this. 

Best Answer

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,716 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    In this case, I suggest you replace the dc-in cable:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Answers

• Did you check if loading is disabled in acer quick access?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • ChelseaDavies1996
    Hi unable to turn on as charging port is broken. 
  • What is the exact model of your notebook? Example v3-571!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• ChelseaDavies1996
    swift sf113-31 series. 

Is is there any other way to charge it? 
  • Are there any drivers with device manager issues? Can you send a photo of the device manager? What version of bios is installed?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• ChelseaDavies1996
    Hi, I am unable to turn the laptop on. How does could I find this information? 
  • The laptop is not calling? Have you checked if a led is on?
    To check for any troublesome drivers, go to the device manager; To check the bios version, go to system info:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Mateo620
    Mateo620 Member Posts: 97 Fixer WiFi Icon
    Your power jack is likely worn-out from plugging and unplugging the AC adapter so many times. It's a normal wear item and when broken or too loose needs to be replaced. Luckily they are pretty cheap, plentiful and can be found online relatively easily. Replacing them can be tricky and may require a technician to replace it for you but often times a crafty DIYer can replace it themselves at home with some patience and a few tools.

Here is what the power jack for your SF113-31 looks like. This example is used but it's cheap and the seller will guarantee that it works.

Genuine Acer SF113-31 DC In Power Jack
    P/N 1417-00FY000 50.GNKN5.008 Tested!!!

• ChelseaDavies1996
    Hi, thank you for this however it looks very tricky. Can I ask is there any other way to charge it other than the charging port? 
  • Mateo620
    edited December 2018
    Unless your SF113-31 has a USB-C port that supports Power Delivery (PD) for charging, no there is NOT any other way to charge besides the Acer charge port. I have no idea if your model even has a USB-C port to begin with let alone if it supports PD charging. Let me find out.
  • Mateo620
    I checked the SF113-31 service manual and all it mentions is USB-C 3.1 Gen 1, nothing about power delivery or charging support. Its probably safe to assume it does not support charging (unless confirmed by some other source).

I did find this $30 Acer 45W USB-C AC adapter but there's no guarantee it'll actually work. Proceed at your own risk!

My recommendation, replace the Acer power jack port. Good luck!
  • This does support charging devices when the notebook is off, see:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• ChelseaDavies1996
    Hi So can I charge it via that USB port? 
  • ChelseaDavies1996
     Via the USB port with the battery charging icon?
  • Yes, you can use this port to charge devices when the notebook is off:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• ChelseaDavies1996
    So can I use that device to charge the notebook? For example USB to plug to charge the notebook.
  • ChelseaDavies1996
    This is the port that no longer works. The AC charging port. I am unable to charge the notebook as the AC charging port has broken 
  • You can not load through that door! The USB port only charges external devices! The only port that charges the notebook battery is this:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• ChelseaDavies1996
    The DC in Jack is the port that's has broken. So I am unable to charge it. 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,716 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    In this case, I suggest you replace the dc-in cable:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer