Why is my computer slowing down? Aspire ATC-780A-UR12f

FryToastFrill
FryToastFrill Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 1 in 2019 Archives
I've had my Aspire ATC-780A-UR12f or over a year now. Recently I've noticed that my computer is slowing down. I use it to play games and when I got a 1050 recently games were running great. I was easily getting at least over 60 fps on high graphic settings. Now I'm struggling to run games smoothly at low settings. I'm struggling to type this question out. I don"t know what to do about this.

Best Answer

• FryToastFrill
    Answer ✓
    Nevermind, I solved it. I had to restart WMI provider host and that fixed it

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,860 Trailblazer
    There are lots of reasons why a system slows as it ages and most of them are recoverable. Look at your memory usage with Task Manager to see how close you're getting to the limits. Check your disk space and perhaps do some defragmentation. Double check to see what's running, you might be able to shut down some background tasks. Come back and tell us what you've been finding.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • FryToastFrill
    Whats WMI provider host? It's taking up at least 50-90% of my cpu at all times.
  • FryToastFrill
    Answer ✓
    Nevermind, I solved it. I had to restart WMI provider host and that fixed it