Why does PredatorSense not work with AMD's new version of AMD RyzenMaster application?

Options
JDavies
JDavies Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
So I upgraded to AMD's latest RyzenMaster App on my Acer Predator PH517 61 and restarted like it asked. Once RyzenMaster starts up I can configure like I want and then when I try to start the PredatorSense app it fails with the following: Error says: No valid RyzenMaster driver Found. Please contact Acer support and install RyzenMaster app. 

I have uninstalled, reinstalled and still does not work. The only way I have found to get it working again is to uninstall the latest RyzenMaster app and revert back to the original version that came installed.

Best Answer

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Options
    It is possible that Predator Sense is using the RyzenMaster in order to work. Very likely is that the newer version of the ryzenmaster has some changes to the code or file paths, which Predator Sense needs and can't find.

I don't own helios500, so I can't know for sure and I can only guess. 
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Options
    It is possible that Predator Sense is using the RyzenMaster in order to work. Very likely is that the newer version of the ryzenmaster has some changes to the code or file paths, which Predator Sense needs and can't find.

I don't own helios500, so I can't know for sure and I can only guess. 
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• JDavies
    JDavies Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    I have been thinking along the same lines as you "ven98". I'm thinking a path has changed or the name is different for the new driver with the updated version of AMD RyzenMaster driver that PredatorSense application is looking for. I will continue to look thru the code and see.

Predator Helios 500
    PH517 61 ROGX
    AMD Ryzen 2700
    AMD RX Vega 56
    Windows 10 Pro