Battery replacement for R5-471T

Options
mfortuno
mfortuno Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hi! My battery seems dead, because it doesn't charge anymore, I just get the message "plugged in, not charging". Curiously enough, the Acer Care Center indicates a "good battery health". I tried to update the drivers but didn't change anything.

So I think I have to replace the battery, but I haven't been able to find out which is the replacement model or where to buy it. Can anybody help me please?

Answers

• Rudy21
    Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,789 Pathfinder
    Options
    mfortuno said:
    Hi! My battery seems dead, because it doesn't charge anymore, I just get the message "plugged in, not charging". Curiously enough, the Acer Care Center indicates a "good battery health". I tried to update the drivers but didn't change anything.

So I think I have to replace the battery, but I haven't been able to find out which is the replacement model or where to buy it. Can anybody help me please?
    I guess you dont have to replace the battery. Follow the below steps to correct this issue.

> Unplug all the cables and turn off the device
    > Flip the device upside down and look for battery reset pinhole
    > Use suitable tool and insert in to this battery reset hole and hold it for 30 -40 sec

post this while powering on the device press F2 to access BIOS. Once you are in BIOS try BIOS defaults by pressing F9 and enter to set BIOS to defaults and followed by F10 and enter to save and exit.

If the issue still persist. then try to uninstall the battery drivers from device manager ( Make sure charger is plugged in ). Then restart the device. this should help in fixing battery issues.
    Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer
  • mfortuno
    Options
    Rudy21 said:
    mfortuno said:

I guess you dont have to replace the battery. Follow the below steps to correct this issue.

> Use suitable tool and insert in to this battery reset hole and hold it for 30 -40 sec

post this while powering on the device press F2 to access BIOS. Once you are in BIOS try BIOS defaults by pressing F9 and enter to set BIOS to defaults and followed by F10 and enter to save and exit.

If the issue still persist. then try to uninstall the battery drivers from device manager ( Make sure charger is plugged in ). Then restart the device. this should help in fixing battery issues.
    Thanks Rudy21, I did all you said and there wasn't any change. 
  • Rudy21
    Options
    mfortuno said:
    Rudy21 said:
    mfortuno said:

Thanks Rudy21, I did all you said and there wasn't any change. 
    in this case i think its the battery which is causing the problem. I would recommend changing the battery to correct this issue.
  • Rudy21
    Options
    @mfortuno

could you share the complete model number of your device. I will check for the battery part number and link to purchase the same.
  • mfortuno
    Options
    Great, thanks!
  • WRM
    WRM Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Links listed above don't work.  One domain is up for sale. 2nd throws security alert and the 3rd doesn't list the model number.
  • Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    Options
    WRM said:
    Links listed above don't work.  One domain is up for sale. 2nd throws security alert and the 3rd doesn't list the model number.
    Links should be fixed thank you.