Having trouble with my helios 300, DO i have a defective laptop?

kendior
kendior Member Posts: 10 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hey everyone,  I just unboxed my helios 300 and immediately stared trying to play my games. but Nothing would download 4mb wouldnt even download it would just sit there. I then saw there were updates that needed to be done so after leaving and coming back it said it needed to be restarted, and after doing that it still wouldnt work and there it was saying there were more downloads. So after reseting the laptop it is now sitting where it has some more updates that are awaiting to be installed.

Answers

• What is the exact model of your notebook? Example g3-572! Have you already updated the video drivers and windows?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • kendior
    when i check the current updates then it shows that its updating its currently at 50% also im using the  PH315-51-74V4  model.
  • I suggest you hope to finish downloading all the updates!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • kendior
    We shall see. I will be back when they all finish !
  • kendior
    Now it was saying there were problems installing some updates. I hit retry as it checks It says its up to date, but i try to download battle net and its stuck at 2.5 KB/sec
  • kendior
    After hitting refresh again the "feature update to windows 10, version 1803" which it showed earlier is back. and says the status is downloading. Im so confused. Like i had said i just unboxed the laptop today. Should i take it back and get another?
  • OK! do it:
    a) update the notebook drivers with the driverbooster and restart the notebook and activate the system protection: https://www.iobit.com/downloadcenter.php?product=pt-driver-booster-free

b) then clean the disc:

c) then download the update to windows 1809, but it is recommended to make a backup of your files: https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=799445

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• kendior
    But if its brand new I really shouldn't have to right? 
  • kendior
    I don't want to have to buy a driver booster when I just spent all this money on the laptop and havnt even had the chance to play a single game. 
  • Usually the operating system usually comes quite outdated! The fact that the notebook is not being able to update the operating system does not mean that there is a hardware problem. Generally updating drivers and cleaning disk usually solve problems with windows updates!

I did not quite understand your question "But if its brand new I really shouldn't have to right?"

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• kendior
    I tried downloading another game and it sped up downloading at 1/mb per second but when the DL finished i got an error message that said "windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permission to access them"
  • No need to buy the driverbooster! The free version already updates all the drivers!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• About this error, make sure there are some antivirus installed like norton or avast and uninstall it! These antivirus software may be blocking access to the files! Look at this link too: https://www.easeus.com/data-recovery/windows-cannot-access-the-specified-device-path-or-file.html

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• kendior
    When i try to update the drivers with he driver booster the update is frozen and it just sits still not moving, also the windows 10update im doing is also stuck on 0 percent.

• kendior
    I also already disabled my Security that came with the laptop, cause the laptop is less than 24 hours old. I just opened the package today.
  • Ok! What version of windows is installed on the notebook?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Deejay_tech
    Deejay_tech Member Posts: 356 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    show a screenshot of your device manager window 
    My personal Acer m/c's
    1) Gaming: Acer Predator Helios 300 PH315-51
    Config:Core i5 8300H, 16GB, 250GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 1050ti GPU

2) Daily Use: Acer Aspire A315-53  59GR
    Config: Core i5 8250u, 8GB, 256 SSD, 1TB HDD, IPS FHD 

3) Linux Learning: Acer Aspire A315-53 P4MY
    Config: Pentium Gold 4417U, 8 GB, 256 SSD, 500GB HDD.