Acer Aspire 5 A515-51G-51EM laptop charger or battery is not working correctly

BeruShiMan
BeruShiMan Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hi, everyone!
I have acer aspire 5 a515-51g-51em. I have been using it for nearly one year, but recently the laptop has begun to work incorrectly. When I plug the adapter in it, It will say charging but sometimes later it will disconnect and then charge again. I have already done the "ACER INTERNAL BATTERY RESET" but still doesn't work. Could anybody tell me is it the charger or my computer? Thank you very much!

Answers

• BeruShiMan

Tinkerer

edited December 2018
    Hi, 
    UPDATE: It stops now, but the led indicator starts blinking fast (usually it's blue when fully charged, now it's amber). Video below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFnzdr_j_-4&feature=youtu.be

Here is the picture of battery section from HWmonitor

This is the video of the problem that i mentioned in the title
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Amj1o4zWJlk&feature=youtu.be
  • Hi,
    Your battery seems OK, please get the charger checked by a technician in a repair shop.
  • Weirdos_here
    Weirdos_here Member Posts: 6 New User
    what about mine !! its aint charging and also gives me a mild shock on the metal body under the keybord !!all of a sudden my battery isnt working
  • Weirdos_here
    Weirdos_here Member Posts: 6 New User
    also shows charging and stays at 0 %
  • SVP
    SVP Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Hi, 
    UPDATE: It stops now, but the led indicator starts blinking fast (usually it's blue when fully charged, now it's amber). Video below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFnzdr_j_-4&feature=youtu.be

Here is the picture of battery section from HWmonitor

This is the video of the problem that i mentioned in the title
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Amj1o4zWJlk&feature=youtu.be
    Did you find a solutiom? My did the same. I bought a new charger and within a day, the new charger stopped working. I got my money back.
    If found another charger with the same voltage and current output but not genuine and it works the last 10 days but still it's problematic because the socket doesn't fit right to the cable.
  • MANINDER_56
    MANINDER_56 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi, everyone!
    I have acer aspire 5 a515-51g-51em. I have been using it for nearly one year, but recently the laptop has begun to work incorrectly. When I plug the adapter in it, It will say charging but sometimes later it will disconnect and then charge again. I have already done the "ACER INTERNAL BATTERY RESET" but still doesn't work. Could anybody tell me is it the charger or my computer? Thank you very much!
    HI BERU I HAVE THE SAME EXACT LAPTOP AND SAME PROBLEM .
    MY IN BOX ADAPTER WAS NOT WORKING SO I BOUGHT NEW ORIGNAL ADAPTER BUT IT ONLY WORKED FRON 5 DAYS . 
    UNDER ANY HEAVY LOAD MY LAPTOP LED LIGHTS START BLINKING.IF YOU FOUND SOLUTION THEN PLEASE HELP ME OUT.
  • BeruShiMan

Tinkerer

Hi, everyone!
    HI BERU I HAVE THE SAME EXACT LAPTOP AND SAME PROBLEM .
    MY IN BOX ADAPTER WAS NOT WORKING SO I BOUGHT NEW ORIGNAL ADAPTER BUT IT ONLY WORKED FRON 5 DAYS . 
    UNDER ANY HEAVY LOAD MY LAPTOP LED LIGHTS START BLINKING.IF YOU FOUND SOLUTION THEN PLEASE HELP ME OUT.

Hi, Maninder_56

I notice that the problem happens due to the wearing out of battery, so i advise you to check the condition of your battery. The amber light blinking shows that your battery is fully-charged and i do not find that uncomfortable for me. The only thing that annoy is that when that battery is <99%, the amber light will keep appearing and disappearing -> making my lap go to the saving power mode then back to normal mode (changing the contrast of my screen).

I think the only solution here is to replace the battery. Hope this will help you.