Questions About Helios 500 Temps.

STOPchris
STOPchris Member Posts: 99 Fixer WiFi Icon
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
I have a Helios 500 with the i9. The temps hit between 80 and 88c while gaming. Are those temps normal for this chip? Also, it is kind of weird, but when I hook it up to my monitor (which is the same resolution) the temps are higher. The temps will reach over 90c. Does anyone know why this happens? All else is the same, so I am not sure why the temps would be higher. Now the temps shot up REALLY high when I ran the display through a Thunderbolt hub, not really sure why that happened as well. 

I am almost starting to regret going with the i9 version. I am still within the return window. Can someone at least help explain all this, before I just send it back.

Answers

• STOPchris
    Actually, I think Throttlestop removed my factory offset when I cleared it last. Is there a way to get my factory settings back? Factory settings had the -125 offset, but when I cleared out the Throttlestop configuration and restarted my computer, it removed the factory offset. 
  • STOPchris
    BF5 keeps losing connection to servers using the WIFI. Using Ethernet is fine. Is there something that I should know about, maybe that I am doing wrong, with the WIFI? I never lose a WIFI connection during this time.