Acer Nitro 5 making crackling noise when turned on.

fireexplorer23
fireexplorer23 Member Posts: 52 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
I recently got a acer nitro 5 for Christmas and I have been able to play roblox and EmergeNYC perfectly fine, *knock on wood* but today I turned on my computer and heard a crackling/grinding/static noise coming from the area of the power button and enter key from the keyboard. It happened as soon as I turned on the PC. Anyone know what could be causing this and whether I need to take immediate action??

Answers

• What is the exact model of the notebook? Example an515-51-75kz! Are your electrical outlets grounded? Are you plugging the notebook into a stabilizer or a no-break?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • fireexplorer23
    What is the exact model of the notebook? Example an515-51-75kz! Are your electrical outlets grounded? Are you plugging the notebook into a stabilizer or a no-break?
    I'm quite new to this how would I tell the exact model and I don't know if my outlets aren't grounded and if it's plugged into a stabilizer or no break I have it plugged into My wall outlet rn.
  • Do your electrical outlets have three pins, as in the picture?

The middle pin is grounding! Have you already tested the notebook in another outlet? Can you record a video with the problem?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Adamjen
    Adamjen Member Posts: 1 New User
    Mine does that too! It’s a brand new i5-8300h, gtx1060 6gb, 8gb of ram. 40-60 fps on pubg with all settings on very low (except viewing distance which is on high).
    I’ll be returning it tomorrow
  • @AdamjenDid you update the drivers for the notebook?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• fireexplorer23
    Do your electrical outlets have three pins, as in the picture?

The middle pin is grounding! Have you already tested the notebook in another outlet? Can you record a video with the problem?

My outlets do have the three pins and I have tested it on another outlet and it still seems to do it. It's not my speakers and I have them turned off and I'll still hear the noise its coming from the number keys near the power button and enter and backspace. It's not extremely loud and I haven't noticed a difference in performance with my PC. I'm not sure what could be causing it???
  • What is the exact model of the notebook? Example an515-51-75kz

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• fireexplorer23
    What is the exact model of the notebook? Example an515-51-75kz
    Nitro AN515-53. I'm just afraid its my hard
  • OK! Do you better specify the version of the computer? Example an515-51-75kz! Does it come with hd or ssd? Have you tried disconnecting the hd and turning on the notebook to see if the noise remains?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• fireexplorer23
    OK! Do you better specify the version of the computer? Example an515-51-75kz! Does it come with hd or ssd? Have you tried disconnecting the hd and turning on the notebook to see if the noise remains?
    Sound is coming from their if that helps.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    edited December 2018
    This is where hd is installed, see:

Have you checked that the sound persists after disconnecting the hd?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• fireexplorer23

Is it safe for me to Remove my HDD or will this damage my PC???
  • fireexplorer23

Do I remove the screws holding it in 

• Will not ruin the pc! However it is recommended to disable fast start up in the power options:

Disconnect the SATA cable carefully so as not to damage it! If you are not sure about doing this procedure, I suggest you do not try!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer