SP515-51GN hibernation, wake up failure

NY152
NY152 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hello,

I acquired a SP515-51GN not long ago and I found it excellent until the last updates of October. Indeed, since these updates, as soon as the machine is in hibernation, unable to resume the hand, the machine does not wake up and only a hard reset is possible.

I often buy Acer products but this bug (which Acer will hasten to attribute to something other than themselves) has greatly cooled.

While searching the Internet, I noticed that I was not the only one with this concern and Acer is strangely silent.

What to do ? (The deactivation of the watch is not a serious option, we solve the problems, we do not work around them)

Thanks in advance

Answers

• Hi! Have you checked if there are any drivers with problems in the device manager? I suggest that you update the drivers using the driverbooster program, but it is rather advisable to turn on system protection:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • NY152
    My drivers are up to date and having 2 Spin 5, the 2 have this problem oddly ... And I'm apparently not the only one.
  • Did you update the drivers with the driverbooster and also updated windows through windows update? What is the bios version installed on the notebook?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • NY152
    I use DriverCloud (because I consider it the best driver update solution) and everything is up to date. But as DriverBooster seems to be the miracle solution for you, I tried: Everything is up to date. Finally, he releases versions earlier than mine. ^^

As for Windows Update, everything is also up to date!

For the BIOS, it is in version 1.10, I updated it to its acquisition and it is still the latest version today ...

I am still searching !
  • Are there any drivers with device manager issues?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Mateo620
    Mateo620 Member Posts: 97 Fixer WiFi Icon
    Have you considered disabling Hibernation Mode? Test it then maybe re-enable to see if it fixes these issues?

https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/15140/what-is-hiberfil.sys-and-how-do-i-delete-it/
  • NY152
    @egydiocoelho : No

@Mateo620 : Disabling and re-enabling hibernation does not change anything. I already tried, it has already been advised on another forum.

Deactivating Hibernation completely is not an option, I said: going around the problem instead of solving it is not a solution for me!
  • Mateo620
    Mateo620 Member Posts: 97 Fixer WiFi Icon
    My final suggestion:

0. Backup your data
    1. Create a Windows 10 64-bit 1809 Installation USB and install Windows from scratch
    3. Let Windows Update install and update missing device drivers, also install the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA) to get the latest Intel drivers, check the Acer Support site for any remaining missing drivers or apps specific to your model, update the BIOS (optional)
    4. Install Acer Care Center and Acer Quick Access
    5. Install your programs, apps and migrate your data back
    6. Enjoy your computer

Good luck!