Swift 3 15'' Poorly designed or flaw with my unit? Bottom edges sharp as knives!!! Returning so far

SuperDuper2019
SuperDuper2019 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Just bought a Swift 3 15 inch SF315-52 and everyone is afraid to use since the edges are sharp as knives. 
It seems that the bottom cover is too thin and does not seat flush with the body's edges all around. 
I am thinking this might be only un my unit since it is very stupid to design a laptop like this. You can literally cut yourself if you pick up the laptop from the table and are not careful and slide the laptop off your hands. 
So, is this a flaw in my unit or are Acer products literally this poorly designed?

Answers

• Mateo620
    Mateo620 Member Posts: 97 Fixer WiFi Icon
    My Swift 1 SF114-32 has a similar situation going on with the bottom cover and the body. The bottom cover does not sit flush with the edge of the body and in some areas you can feel this deviation. However, on my Swift 1 it is not sharp or dangerous, it is just a minor annoyance that these seams are not flush. In my opinion it is probably a mix of poor quality control or assembly at the factory, and poor design and engineering by the OEM.
  • SuperDuper2019
    SuperDuper2019 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Mateo620 said:
    My Swift 1 SF114-32 has a similar situation going on with the bottom cover and the body. The bottom cover does not sit flush with the edge of the body and in some areas you can feel this deviation. However, on my Swift 1 it is not sharp or dangerous, it is just a minor annoyance that these seams are not flush. In my opinion it is probably a mix of poor quality control or assembly at the factory, and poor design and engineering by the OEM.
    Wow.. what an amateur oversight by Acer. Carrying this problem from previous models is really embarrassing. 
    I have read others reporting the same issue with the Swift 3. I am returning it for sure. Who wants a laptop that can't be picked up without getting scraped. If it was just a little annoyance I could live with it, but this is unacceptable. Shame on you Acer, you suck! 
  • Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    Hi SuperDuper2019,

I am very sorry to hear this, our design team works very hard on quality control to avoid this types of scenarios.

If you still have the unit, can you please send me a PM with your serial number and a image of the 
    bottom cover?

Thanks in advance,
    Acer-Manny