How can I disable the USB ports when laptop in shut down or standby ( Swift 3 SF314-55G)

When my laptop is in standby mode my wired mouse will still be operating (Lights from the mouse can be seen) and when I shut down my laptop having my external HardDisk plugged in, the hard disk will continue to operate which drained my battery quickly. Is there anyone having the same problem as mine? Hopefully, this can be solved. TQ!

Best Answer

• egydiocoelhoegydiocoelho ACE Posts: 78,879 Trailblazer
    Accepted Answer
    You should be connecting these devices to a USB port that loads the devices when the notebook is turned off! Go to acer quick access and turn off the "usb charging while the device is off" option!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

FAQ & Answers

• Mateo620Mateo620 Member Posts: 97 Fixer
    I would try disabling Fast Startup. Uncheck the box and restart your PC. What happens when you put the PC in sleep/standby now?

Also, if the option for Fast Boot is available in your BIOS you may want to try disabling that too. Restart PC and what is the outcome now?
  • ChrisTingChrisTing Member Posts: 10 New User
    Tried, but it is still the same :'(

• egydiocoelhoegydiocoelho ACE Posts: 78,879 Trailblazer
    Accepted Answer
    You should be connecting these devices to a USB port that loads the devices when the notebook is turned off! Go to acer quick access and turn off the "usb charging while the device is off" option!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • ChrisTingChrisTing Member Posts: 10 New User
    edited December 2018
    I found it! Thank you so much for your help!
  • Glad I could help you!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• AJAJAJAJAJAJ Member Posts: 28 Troubleshooter

Thanks, this helped me to turn off my Headset LED when i turn off my notebook.
    But I would like to know if this could be applied to the sleep mode? I would like my Headset LEDs to turn off when i put my notebook to sleep or close the lid, is there a way to do that? Turn off USB while notebook is asleep?

• check here:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer