ACER Nitro 5 AN515-42 usb-c display output

dschulten
dschulten Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi,

I have a ACER Nitro AN515-42 running with Ubuntu 18.10 (if you are wondering, I had to add ivrs_ioapic[4]=00:14.0 ivrs_ioapic[5]=00:00.2 to grub.cfg, as described at https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/555251/unable-to-install-ubuntu-in-my-nitro-an512-42)

The notebook has a USB-C port without a monitor symbol, the symbol simply shows the USB trident. The people in the shop said that the USB-C port should be usable as display output.

I am trying to connect the USB-C to an LG38uc99 display, which has an USB-C input. I am using the cable that came with the display.
I want to connect the notebook with two external displays, that is why I try to connect using the USB-C port.

The notebook does not recognize the display when I plug in the cable. The display says No Signal Check Connection.

The HDMI output works fine.

Can I connect the Nitro 5 to two external displays? Has anyone managed to do so? Does it work with Windows?

Best,
Dietrich

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,462 Trailblazer
    The specsheet indicates the USB-C is a gen1 port with the same limitations as a USB-A3 port. It's thus unlikely a graphics adapter with displayport support outputs to this port especially with a passive USB2DP cable. However, you should be able to connect more than one external HDMI monitor via a simple HDMI inexpensive hub. Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• eduardoperez
    eduardoperez Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi! did you can install the graphic driver for ubuntu 18.10 for the Radeon RX 560 graphic card?