Nitro 5 CPU Upgrade?

kastounc
kastounc Member Posts: 1 New User
edited December 2023 in 2020 Archives
Would it theoretically be possible to swap out the Intel Core i5-7300HQ CPU with an 8th gen i7?

Best Answer

• Redfan
    Redfan Member Posts: 65 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    no, you cant with intel chips they are soldered into the motherboard on the laptop. and laptops are configured by OEMs so getting it to detect the new i7 would be a slim chance, on the plus side there is not much difference since 6th gen intel other than adding 2 more cores to the i7 to compete with ryzen, basically you have a great cpu and doesn't warrant an upgrade. even some tower PCs have processors soldered into the motherboard, those are there to stay. odds of successfully "upgrading" your laptop cpu is slim to none and will most likely just end up breaking everything. just don't.

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    No, as the CPU is soldered to the motherboard.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• Theoretically it would be possible! However you should understand micro solder because the processor in this model is integrated into the motherboard! Also, you would have to make sure bios would detect this new processor!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Redfan
    Redfan Member Posts: 65 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    no, you cant with intel chips they are soldered into the motherboard on the laptop. and laptops are configured by OEMs so getting it to detect the new i7 would be a slim chance, on the plus side there is not much difference since 6th gen intel other than adding 2 more cores to the i7 to compete with ryzen, basically you have a great cpu and doesn't warrant an upgrade. even some tower PCs have processors soldered into the motherboard, those are there to stay. odds of successfully "upgrading" your laptop cpu is slim to none and will most likely just end up breaking everything. just don't.
  • Yesi
    Yesi Member Posts: 1 New User
    Can I even upgrade it?..
  • You cannot update the processor as it is integrated into the motherboard.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)