Headphones Popping and volume Glitches when headphones are plugged in(Acer iconia Tab 10)

Options
Neima
Neima Member Posts: 10 New User
edited March 15 in 2018 Archives
Hello. I was having a problem recently with my Acer iconia Tab 10 and was hoping if there was any way to fix this without a technician.when I put my headphones in the headphone jack and put my headphones on I hear this medium volume rapid  popping sound . I thought it was nothing but when I went to watch some YouTube the only thing I would hear was the same popping sound rapidly going.The volume was very glitchy too when I was watching videos and people's voices would be so quiet when I had full volume.The headphones worked perfectly before hand but I placed then down on the table and the next day I heard the popping sound so I hope you can help me it would really mean alot .        

Sorry for the long text Couldn't be able to make it shorter

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options
    A couple of things you can look for... Verify the jack is fully seated in the port. It's not unusual for the jack to have enough plastic to hang slightly short of fully seated and you get essentially those symptoms. You can also see them if your headphones are using the wrong "standard" for the mic connection. There are two versions, with the mic/ground swapped between them. If you give me the exact model number on your Tab 10 I might be able to find the specs on your jack.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Neima
    Options
    My model is B3-A20
  • Neima
    edited December 2018
    Options
    also there is a crack on my left speaker 
  • Neima
    edited December 2018
    Options
    It's been a day now can someone else help? Billsey do you know what specs I have on my headphone jack?
  • billsey
    Options
    Here's the jack spec:

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Neima
    Options
    So what would this mean of the problems that are caused?
  • Neima
    Options
    I have tried cleaning the jack using a tips and compressed air but it still goes on
  • Neima
    Options
    It's probably something interfering with the jack?
  • billsey
    Options
    There are two types of these jacks used by the headphones. One is the type I illustrated, and that is correct for your Acer. The other type goes Left, Right, Mic, Ground instead and that would cause static noises when plugged in, since its ground signal has to go through the microphone circuit. The only other thing I'm aware of is if the plug isn't inserted fully in the port the four sections won't align properly and that also can give the same results.
  • Neima
    Options
    I have used another headphone and it went in fully the black one I had didnt really go in fully
  • billsey
    Options
    Great, the new one is giving clear sound? Sometimes you can trim a bit of the plastic away with the ones that don't quite fit...
  • Neima
    Options
    No it's still is giving the sound
  • Neima
    Options
    any help??