swift 3 is a bad ultrabook realy? no run windows 7?/

mynime
mynime Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
buy this model and hate them because cost 500euro in my country but is a bad pc i have. no run windows 7 and cheapest bios ever... my last notebook acer v5-551 is a good .. but swift 3 is a ffff.. i think this company make pc for profit not for people. build pc and users not choice system to instal , force to instal window 10 ..hate hate hate.. sorry for my english but every day when i use my swift 3 i am hate this model

Answers

• Mateo620
    Mateo620 Member Posts: 97 Fixer WiFi Icon
    Acer is a for-profit company. Of course they care about profits, that is how they are able to survive and produce products.

It is likely the Swift 3 does not have Windows 7 driver compatibility. You might be able to manually install drivers but it is likely you'll run into issues as it was never intended to run anything other than Windows 10 from the factory. Also, many of these consumer oriented laptops have plain and simple BIOS because most consumers do not care to mess with that sort of thing. They just want a computer that works for internet, office and media. 

If you want to run Windows 7 natively you're going to have to figure it out yourself. Acer will not help you. 

What have you tried so far?

Have you created a Windows 7 bootable USB?

Have you changed anything in the BIOS?
  • mynime
    mynime Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

yes i install windows 10 but i don t like this sistem
    and i think acer can do modified BIOS for windows 7, and  users need this download and install, if don t neeed this just use default BIOS/windows,,, but this company forced do to use windows 10. i create windows 7 usb bootable but after instalation no see ssd. and bios dont have uefi option... i think i change Bios for windows 7 and later,   and otion without secure boot,add any options .. realy in 2018 and i3 8320 procesor so simple bios?