mounting a vesa stand to a w193w

rtrg
rtrg Member Posts: 1 New User
edited February 16 in 2018 Archives
the w193w manual shows a stand/base that attaches at the bottom using 4 screws. the base detaches from the base and the post attaches using 4 screws. in addition it showed the 4 hole vesa pattern on its flat back. another generic manual showed the same flat back and stand WITH the addition of 2 removable covers on each side of the vesa plate. the difference between the two is that one display is fixed in height and not rotatable. the other is both. what model or series is this unknown display? some backs have vesa others not. I made my own stand with a standard vesa plate attached. I will be looking for a 193 or similar with or without stand. do I need to remove the base from the post or both in order to mount a vesa stand?

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,621 Trailblazer
    Took me a bit to figure out that your model is likely a V193W, not W193W... The two removable covers cover the four screws used to hold that vertical portion of the stand to the monitor and aren't up where the VESA holes are. You can pop them off to remove the four screws and then put them back to partially hide the missing stand. No need to remove the base to get at those four screws. Note that this model is about ten years old, so you might have some issues finding a second one on the used market.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.