Acer KG251Q Black Screen and flicker on second monitor

Options
Voltnex
Voltnex Member Posts: 2 New User
edited February 16 in 2018 Archives
Hey,

So basically, I bought a  Acer KG251Q 244hz monitor. Got it two days ago and since then I've only had issues with it. Any game that I tried to put on full screen would result in either going black screen and black flickering on second monitor and for some reason the cursor would move to the middle after every flicker or the monitor will freeze on black screen without even being able to turn it off using the button, I would need to unplug it and plug it back in which would cause the issue all over again. I tried different refresh rates, cables, drivers, settings in Radeon Settings, Vsync On/Off, Freesync On/Off and many more. I also tried to play on the monitor on it's own without my second monitor and same issue. The only thing that worked and fixed every issue I had with it was using a HDMI cable which limited the refresh rate to 120Hz. So now I'm wondering if that's a problem with the display port itself. I think I've tried anything I could think of. Does anyone have a suggestion? Might also just be a faulty monitor.

Thanks.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,788 Trailblazer
    Options
    What happens when you use DP at lower frequencies? If you see the issue whenever the DP is in use, no matter the other settings it's got to be something in the DP circuit, card monitor or cable. If it's specific to the 144Hz mode then double check to see which spec your DP cable is designed for, some of the cheaper or older cables can't do 144Hz.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Voltnex
    Voltnex Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    I have tried most refresh rates. Even at 60Hz, the same thing happens.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,788 Trailblazer
    Options
    Well, "card, monitor or cable" and you've tried swapping everything out except the monitor... Time to contact either your vendor for a swap if it's still new enough or Acer service for repair if not.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.