Boot failed or boot device missing.

Toxicstar
Toxicstar Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
I have a acer spin 3 core i3  8th gen windows 10 and the last 3 days i was unable to use it because of this "boot device missing or boot failed" i watched toturials on youtube but non worked. I tried changing stuff on the boot but mine had only one option and it says windows manager. 
I need help Asap.

Answers

• What is the exact model of your notebook? Have you checked that boot mode is in uefi?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Toxicstar

Tinkerer

What is the exact model of your notebook? Have you checked that boot mode is in uefi?
    I dont see uefi. In boot option all i see is windows boot manager and in the top it says secure boot. 
  • If you tell the exact model of your notebook, it will be easier for you to help!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Toxicstar

Tinkerer

If you tell the exact model of your notebook, it will be easier for you to help!

My exact model is acer spin 3 series
  • Specify the model better! Example an515-51!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Toxicstar

Tinkerer

You mean this?
  • Toxicstar

Tinkerer

Toxicstar said:

You mean this?
    This?
  • Mateo620
    Mateo620 Member Posts: 97 Fixer WiFi Icon
    SP314-51-376C is your exact model number.

Did you make any changes in Windows that may have caused this?
    Did you install any new programs or apps recently that may have caused this?
    Did you make any changes in the BIOS?
  • Uefi mode is already native to this notebook model! So you do not see the boot mode! I know this, because only the uefi mode has the secure boot! Create an easy access password in setsupervisorpassword so you can disable secure boot! Make sure windows boot manager appears first at boot!
    If it does not appear, exit the bios and immediately press alt + f10 to try to install the factory windows!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Toxicstar

Tinkerer

Mateo620 said:
    SP314-51-376C is your exact model number.

Did you make any changes in Windows that may have caused this?
    Did you install any new programs or apps recently that may have caused this?
    Did you make any changes in the BIOS?
    I did not make changes in my pc. But i did download an emulator for a game pubg mobile. Sometimes it made my pc lag. Not sure if that caused it tho. 
  • Toxicstar

Tinkerer

Uefi mode is already native to this notebook model! So you do not see the boot mode! I know this, because only the uefi mode has the secure boot! Create an easy access password in setsupervisorpassword so you can disable secure boot! Make sure windows boot manager appears first at boot!
    If it does not appear, exit the bios and immediately press alt + f10 to try to install the factory windows!
    This method did not work for me sadly. 
  • OK! Did you check if windows boot manager is first in boot? Checked if hd is recognized in the information section?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Toxicstar

Tinkerer

OK! Did you check if windows boot manager is first in boot? Checked if hd is recognized in the information section?
    Yes, windows boot manager is first besides its the only boot in the boot section. 
  • Toxicstar

Tinkerer

edited December 2018
    OK! Did you check if windows boot manager is first in boot? Checked if hd is recognized in the information sedction?
  • Yes! Hd is recognized in both the information and boot sections! Try this:
    a) Activate the f12 boot mode function and press f10 to save when exiting. Then immediately press f12 and choose hd to boot!
    b) If it does not start with the above tip, restart the notebook and press alt + f10 to try to reinstall windows!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Toxicstar

Tinkerer

edited December 2018
    Yes! Hd is recognized in both the information and boot sections! Try this:
    a) Activate the f12 boot mode function and press f10 to save when exiting. Then immediately press f12 and choose hd to boot!
    b) If it does not start with the above tip, restart the notebook and press alt + f10 to try to reinstall windows! 
  • OK! I suggest you try resetting the battery according to this video: 
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfhgnxUJoZo

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Toxicstar

Tinkerer

Yes! Hd is recognized in both the information and boot sections! Try this:
    Did step a did not fix the problem. And when i press alt plus f10 nothin happens
  • Toxicstar

Tinkerer

OK! I suggest you try resetting the battery according to this video: 
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfhgnxUJoZo
    This did not work.
    Sadly....
  • OK! So I suggest you try these steps:
    a) enter the bios and press f9 to restore the bios to the default settings and then press f10 to save when exiting! Then check to see if it solves the problem!
    b) make a recovery pendrive using an iso of the microsoft: https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=691209

egydiocoelho Trailblazer