Helios 300 G3-572 Black screens on reboots and 1TB HDD completely vanished.

OEvans
OEvans Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
My laptop has been working pretty great until this point. I had a black screen once at the very start but its been several months of smooth sailing but now everytime I restart my laptop it doesn't bring up the Predator logo and continue the boot. It just stays a back lit black. I can get it to work again IF I restart it with (Ctrl+alt+del) anywhere from 8 to 20 times. It will just randomly become alive again. 
I tried updating the bios but when it reboots to initialise i just get the black screen and i have to restart till it works and then it says the update was stopped due to a restart. 

My 1TB HDD disappeared from the face of the earth, I never used it once. I noticed it disappeared from my disk drive list when i was running out of room on my SSD. It was definitely there, I thought i was going crazy and that maybe it never existed at all. It wont even appear in the Bios. I checked the Caddy underneath and there is definitely a 1TB HDD there. I was thinking maybe some issue with drivers or that the Bios update might find it again or something but I can't even update the Bios because of that issue.

Any help would be great. Thanks!

Best Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    If your hd is not being identified, I recommend you disconnect the hd from the sata port and then make sure the notebook connects normally! Then connect the hd again and see if it is identified in the bios!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    You're welcome! If my answer helped you, accept it and put the topic as resolved1
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    edited December 2018
    OK! Have you checked that hdd is appearing in the bios information section? Have you tried disabling fast booting on bios and fast start up on windows power options? What is the version bios?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• OEvans

Tinkerer

edited December 2018
    The bios information displays only the SSD which is 120GB. The other Sata says 'none'. I have disabled fast booting and fast start up on windows power options. The Bios isn't the latest version but like I said in my message. I'm not sure how I can install the bios update when everytime I reboot, it fails to initiate the boot sequence but It will boot successfully around approximately 8-20 times of resetting, then suddenly the predator boot sequence will start and everythings normal again. Except my 1 TB HDD still doesn't appear. If you need video evidence of this I can create it.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    If your hd is not being identified, I recommend you disconnect the hd from the sata port and then make sure the notebook connects normally! Then connect the hd again and see if it is identified in the bios!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• OEvans

Tinkerer

Okay I'll give it a try. Thanks!
  • OEvans

Tinkerer

I disconnected the 1TB HDD, took abit of force to get it off but when I reconnected it, The drive came to life and is back again!! Thank you for your help! :)
  • Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    You're welcome! If my answer helped you, accept it and put the topic as resolved1

egydiocoelho Trailblazer