Acer Swift 3 Ryzen 5 2500u SF315-41 (with HDD) SSD upgrade

Levi21xD
Levi21xD Member Posts: 62 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
YEAH! I KNOW.. THERES ALREADY 2-3 POSTS ABOUT THIS.. AND NONE OF WHICH HAD ANY ACCURATE DATA! ...
one guy asks for help and another guy suggests something and this guy says he will try it out and let us know and NO.. he doesnt come back at all.. or atleast not with the confirmation..

so.. all i need is... couple of names of SSDs which ACTUALLY DO WORK in this exact specific model...
mine came with a 1tb hdd having 5400RPM so... if anyone out there really knows about this.. comment down below.. DO NOT CONFUSE ME IM ALREADY AT MY LIMIT TRYING TO FIND.. i cant just try stuff out and return.. it doesnt work like that sometimes .. Please, and THANK YOU

Best Answer

• Levi21xD
    Answer ✓
    Well I've gone through all the posts again and come to a conclusion our Laptop supports an extra M.2 SATA SSD and pcie NVMe expressx x4 seems to be used by wifi adapter.. 
    In my experience SATA SSDs are slower than NVMe pcie SSDs ... I guess if I'm willing to upgrade it better be a NVMe on and not SATA or .. buy a 7200RPM SATA 
    Sorry for being aggressive on the first post. I got very irritated then

Answers

• Levi21xD
    Answer ✓
    Well I've gone through all the posts again and come to a conclusion our Laptop supports an extra M.2 SATA SSD and pcie NVMe expressx x4 seems to be used by wifi adapter.. 
    In my experience SATA SSDs are slower than NVMe pcie SSDs ... I guess if I'm willing to upgrade it better be a NVMe on and not SATA or .. buy a 7200RPM SATA 
    Sorry for being aggressive on the first post. I got very irritated then