I have an Acer Chromebook 15, model CB3-532. How do I create desktop shortcuts to my fav web pages

Options
barbslow
barbslow Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 1 in 2019 Archives
I have an Acer Chromebook 15, model CB3-532. How do I create desktop shortcuts to my favorite webpages?

Answers

• Jose121991
    Jose121991 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    It's not possible to make a desktop shortcut on a chromebook, but you can install crouton/galliumos (linux) which is 100% better than ChromeOS! BTW I'm not sure if warranties cover developer mode? Be careful to not brick your chromebook!
  • Internetpilot
    Internetpilot Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    You cannot make a desktop shortcut, but you can pin them to your taskbar (or "shelf" as it's frequently called).  To do that just do the following:

1. Open the Chrome browser and go to your favorite website of choice.
    2. In the upper right-hand corner of the Chrome browser window (under the "X") you'll see three vertical dots -- tap on that.
    3. From that drop-down menu, select "More tools".
    4. Then from that menu, select "Create shortcut..."

That "pins" the shortcut on your taskbar/shelf.  If you want to arrange them later, you can easily just click and drag them around to change the order.  Hope this helps you.
  • Internetpilot
    Internetpilot Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    Oh, and FYI, the next time you reboot your Chromebook, all these pinned shortcuts on your shelf/taskbar will show up in the Chrome app launcher. If you want and/or if your shelf ends up too cluttered with a lot of web shortcuts, you can then create a folder in the app launcher, drag all your web shortcuts in the folder, and then unpin them from your shelf (by right-clicking and choosing un-pin).  Again, hope this helps.