Upgrading my laptop

Chris0315
Chris0315 Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
So I am going in to upgrade my Nitro from a 256SSD which also has a 1tb HDD and now as I am in the cloning process I do not see my HDD any thoughts to where it has gone or how to get it back? Furthermore, I am upgrading my SSD from the 256gb to a 1tb.

Best Answer

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Have you checked that hd is showing up in the bios information section? Have you tried converting it to gpt?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Have you checked that hd is showing up in the bios information section? Have you tried converting it to gpt?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Chris0315

Tinkerer

I have looked in the bios and the below pic is what shows as we can see that I have both the SSD's but no HDD and I physically only have the 1 SSD, CT1000MX500SSD1, in my laptop and prior to this headache of an upgrade, I no longer have the HDD but the actual 1TB SSD and a ghost 256GB SSD. So my question is, is there a way that I can find/activate that HDD I had prior to this cluster 'F'

• Can you tell the exact model? Example an515-51-75kz and the partnumber?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Please understand the following: your model came from the factory with a 256gb ssd, see: https://www.acer.com/datasheets/2017/4876/AN515-51/NH.Q2QAA.016.html
    the other ssd "ct1000mx500ssd1" is 2.5 "and was installed later, at the entrance where the HD would be!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Chris0315

Tinkerer

edited December 2018
    See below please
  • Chris0315

Tinkerer

edited December 2018
    Please understand the following: your model came from the factory with a 256gb ssd, see: https://www.acer.com/datasheets/2017/4876/AN515-51/NH.Q2QAA.016.html
    the other ssd "ct1000mx500ssd1" is 2.5 "and was installed later, at the entrance where the HD would be!

That is partially correct, it did come with the 256GB SSD and yes I had the other SSD after purchase but I also should have the 1tb HDD plus my 1TB SSD or the former 256SSD, correct? Here is the actual laptop that I have https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/model/NH.Q2QAA.012

• OK! This bios photo, you took from your own notebook or the internet! The partnumber of both are incompatible, see:
    In the photo, shows NH.Q2QAA.016. The model you say you own shows NH.Q2QAA.012. The model NH.Q2QAA.012 actually has a ssd of 1tb and not an hd, because the serial number ct1000mx500ssd1 indicates that it is a ssd!
    There is a possibility that windows is not recognizing the ssd of 1tb, so if you put the boot mode in uefi, both ssds (256gb + 1tb) should be converted to gpt! There is also the possibility that ssd has turned into a volume disk if you have messed with the irst!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Chris0315

Tinkerer

It is showing that it's already in UEFI. I have not messed with the IRST due to me not knowing how to confidently work within it.
  • Chris0315

Tinkerer

As for the capture of the Bios is from my laptop itself I had logged on during log on I pressed F2 and got the first picture and moments ago went back in by pressing F2 again and going over to Boot to get the above picture
  • I think I understood your problem! It is possible that the ssd of 1tb is without letters and so it is not shown in windows! Look: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-dTlXSKr7g
    No need to format, just add the letter as in the video!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer