Predator Helios 500 Laptop FHD screen SSD upgrade.

Options
XCOM
XCOM Member Posts: 4 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hi i just bought the Acer Predator Helios 500 Gaming Laptop with the FHD screen. Im thinking of upgrading the SSD and the HDD, can you pls specify what type i can buy to upgrade it and whats the max capacity SSD & HDD its allowed?

Best Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,716 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Your model supports this type of ssd: 

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,750 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Options
    @XCOM
    Storage 
    Hard disk drive 
    1 TB / 2 TB 2.5-inch 5400 RPM 
    Solid state drive 
    512 GB / 1 TB, 2D NVMe, RAID 0 SSD 
    256 GB / 512 GB, PCIe Gen3 8 Gb/s up to 4 lanes, NVMe
    128 / 256 / 512 GB, SATA 6 Gb/s

Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

Answers

• Jack22
    Options
    @XCOM
    Could you please share the model number of your unit
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    What is the exact model of notebook? Example ph517-51!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • XCOM
    Options
    @Jack Hi! Heres the model #: Model  PH517-51-72NU
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,716 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Your model supports this type of ssd: 

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• XCOM
    Options
    @egy thanks for the info. And i thought that i could atleast upgrade the SSD to 1 TB. Is it not possible?
  • Jack22
    Answer ✓
    Options
    @XCOM
    Storage 
    Hard disk drive 
    1 TB / 2 TB 2.5-inch 5400 RPM 
    Solid state drive 
    512 GB / 1 TB, 2D NVMe, RAID 0 SSD 
    256 GB / 512 GB, PCIe Gen3 8 Gb/s up to 4 lanes, NVMe
    128 / 256 / 512 GB, SATA 6 Gb/s

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    The service manual does not mention the 1tb ssd m2 2280!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• XCOM
    Options
    Thank u guys for your reply. There's 2 slot for the SSD right? So il just install another SSD to the 2nd slot. Now, would the computer automatically recognize the new drive or theres still something i need to do to make it work?
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Yes, it has two m2 slots! However I recommend that you check in person if there are actually two slots available in your specific model:

The bios will automatically identify, but you may need to convert ssd to gpt, to work in uefi mode!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer