When will Acer update drivers for the Aspire ES1-731 for the Windows 10 build 1803

12346»

Answers

• CMcMahon
    CMcMahon Member Posts: 61 Troubleshooter
    Hello Jack....It appears I'm going to have to spring for an updated version of Microsoft Office, because the back up I made that had Microsoft Office 2007 won't recover, and I believe that's because Microsoft have '"retired" Office 2007.  I've tried to install from the disk, run the diagnostics, and it comes back with, go to the website, and there is no longer a Microsoft office 2007 site.  I've searched the web, and no cigar.  I was hoping to recover email and addresses, but even Outlook.com won't show recent emails.  I just got used to using Outlook from work days and liked the program.  Not a big deal, I'll figure something out as an alternative, but I'm not paying the price they want for newer versions of Office.  Yeah, I know, I'm a cheap old guy.  You've done enough for me Jack, time to use your talents for someone that really needs you.  Have a super day....Claude
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,844 Trailblazer
    >>>I'm not paying the price they want for newer versions of Office.  Yeah, I know, I'm a cheap old guy>>>

You might want to try this. Windows, Linux  & Mac versions. I use it instead. It's just fine for everything I do. Handles all Microsoft Office formats and then some. https://www.libreoffice.org/download/download/  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• CMcMahon
    CMcMahon Member Posts: 61 Troubleshooter
    Answer ✓
    Hi Jack....Thank you for all of your help and suggestions.  Libre office may have worked just fine, but I am so used to Outlook since my working days, it's tough to tackle something new, so I broke down and paid $20 Cdn for an office product key.  Laptop is working great, with your help of course.  If anybody I know needs help with their Acer products, you will be the first person I will lead them to.  Thank you again for your help.  Have a really good day....Claude

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,844 Trailblazer
    >>>I am so used to Outlook>>>so I broke down and paid $20 Cdn for an office product key. >>>

Well, Claude, sounds like you're good to go for at least another year. Congrats! Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ