A315-31-C2GA Reboots/Freezes Regularly

dileas
dileas Member Posts: 3 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
Purchased from Wal-Mart in Canada. Warranty is useless as I have to ship it at my own cost and hope for the best with Acer (who has already proven to have terrible service over the phone). This is also a work laptop, so I am unable to be without it.

Issue: If computer is left unused for more than 2 minutes, it either A) freezes and will not come out without a reboot, B) reboots on its own, or C) blue screen of death.

Troubleshooting performed: Updated the BIOS, display drivers, network drivers. Virus scans (x3), restore to a previous time that did not have the problem, and reinstallation of windows. Reinstalling windows gave about 2 days reprieve from the ongoing issue, but failed to rectify the situation. Sleep settings are to never sleep (was hoping that it was just a problem with the sleep function). However, once it has rebooted, but before I've logged in, the computer has no issues. If I log in, and don't open any program, it WILL fail.

NOTE: If I stay at my computer and wiggle the mouse, it does not fail. At this point I have a worker 'babysit' the computer while I'm away from my desk. 

Thanks in advance.

Answers

• dileas
    NOTE: I've posted this from the computer. However, because it will reboot or freeze before I return to my desk, I may be delayed with my responses.
  • MizzMerissa
    MizzMerissa Member Posts: 1 New User
    Any success on fixing the issue? I am having similar issues with my similar model.
  • dileas
    In all honesty,  no. Recent windows updates have stabilized it. But still getting random reboots every third day.