Two usb ports are not working on Acer aspire 5

Options
Vaibhav_alman
Vaibhav_alman Member Posts: 9 New User
edited August 2023 in 2018 Archives
I uninstalled device drivers and installed it again.updated usb drivers but usb ports are not working.changed usb ports for care centre but then usb ports worked few minutes but when I restart my laptop then again usb ports not working

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,561 Trailblazer
    Options
    What is your full ACER model number A5xx-?? Try uninstalling but don't reinstall the drivers. Exit Device Manager. Then reboot and allow Windows to auto re-detect and auto-install the drivers. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Vaibhav_alman
    Options
    I tried this but this trick didn't work on my laptop...Acer aspire a5 1551g
  • JackE
    Options
    (1) Are they the two ports on the right side?
    (2) Do they ALWAYS work for a few minutes after restarting? If yes, open Control Panel. Search 'button'. Click change what power buttons do in left pane. Click change settings that aren't available. Scroll down list an uncheck fast startup to disable fast boot. Shut down. Turn machine back on. If it fixes the problem, keep fast boot off to avoid future issues like this.

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Vaibhav_alman
    Options
    Yes two ports are on right side.. sometimes they work for few times after restart

• JackE
    Options
    Try turning off fast boot anyway. See what happens. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Vaibhav_alman
    Options
    Not worked
  • MikeComputernet
    MikeComputernet Member Posts: 17 Troubleshooter
    edited December 2018
    Options
    make sure your USB port are clean from dust and make sure that the pins are not touching or bent.
    if you are a technician try cleaning your USB ports with spirit , ( taking out the motherboard , make sure you are grounded , clean the Usb ports with the spiritand  use a blower to dry it .allow it to dry . then assemble it)

this helped me when my Acer laptop was doing the same thing.
  • Vaibhav_alman
    Options
    I changed the usb port part but this is not working
  • JackE
    Options
    Does this mean you replaced the USB board with the two ports? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• MikeComputernet
    MikeComputernet Member Posts: 17 Troubleshooter
    Options
    it sounds like you have a faulty motherboard, you can upgrade your bios to see if this will solve the problem.but make sure your battery is fully charged and the power supply can not drop .